The Student Room Group

vet med epq

does anyone have any vet med related epq ideas?? i don’t want to do something too generic
The harmful impact of breed specific legislation.

Although if you are doing an EPQ for anything other than interest, for vet med it won’t benefit your application etc (except possibly for Surrey) x
Original post by ALEreapp
The harmful impact of breed specific legislation.
Although if you are doing an EPQ for anything other than interest, for vet med it won’t benefit your application etc (except possibly for Surrey) x

i’ve heard it helps in interview as you have something you know about in a lot of detail x
Original post by josierossiter
i’ve heard it helps in interview as you have something you know about in a lot of detail x

Generally you won’t have long enough to go into that level of detail. Most vet schools use MMI so you have max 5-10 mins at each station and they will often have preset scenarios/role plays etc for you to discuss. Those with panel interviews I’ll not stay on the same topic for long enough for that exact reason, it’s very easy to recite something you’ve learnt prior with no critical thinking. Almost everyone I know in my year and at other vet schools did not do an EPQ and evidently were fine with interviews.
Of course go for it if you want to, but do not sacrifice your grades for it, those As are far far more important x
Reply 4
Original post by josierossiter

I personally did manage to mention my EPQ in my interviews, however I know a lot of people that didn’t even get a chance to mention it- time is very limited! I didn’t consider my EPQ something to aid my application, some unis don’t even consider it- and it’s a lot quicker and easier to finish if you do it on a topic which you find interesting- luckily for me mine was vet related!
Original post by Sopnot
I personally did manage to mention my EPQ in my interviews, however I know a lot of people that didn’t even get a chance to mention it- time is very limited! I didn’t consider my EPQ something to aid my application, some unis don’t even consider it- and it’s a lot quicker and easier to finish if you do it on a topic which you find interesting- luckily for me mine was vet related!

what did you do yours about? x
Reply 6
probably pretty generic but the ethics behind the breeding of pedigree animals is always a hot topic
Original post by 97059646
probably pretty generic but the ethics behind the breeding of pedigree animals is always a hot topic

I did a couple vet school interviews this year. This is definitely worthwhile to look into and know a lot about, even if you don't do your EPQ on it.
Reply 8
Original post by lonelymountains7
I did a couple vet school interviews this year. This is definitely worthwhile to look into and know a lot about, even if you don't do your EPQ on it.

yeah i second this it comes up a Lot and it's super interesting anyway it's a good subject for an epq balance wise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending