The Student Room Group

Mentioning resit on personal statement

Is it necessary if I won't be applying to a russell group university? The reason i retook my exams was because I was dealing with a lot of stuff in my life and A levels weren't the priority, but I knew I could get good grades if I tried so I'm doing them again now that things are calmer.
If you can link it to relevant thing then go for it. Don’t mention it for the sake of it. I had to reapply for vet med with a different qualification and mentioned it in all my interviews and forms etc in a relevant context to show what I’ve gained from it. I received all my offers bar the one I withdrew from that offered me an interview.
It's not relevant in your PS, (for RG or otherwise).

There is a section in the ref for any mitigating circumstances that have affected your studies.
Original post by OOOOP
Is it necessary if I won't be applying to a russell group university? The reason i retook my exams was because I was dealing with a lot of stuff in my life and A levels weren't the priority, but I knew I could get good grades if I tried so I'm doing them again now that things are calmer.

You don’t have to mention it in your PS

You do have to list the first attempt grades and pending resit grades in your education section

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending