The Student Room Group

Should i wait for graduate medicine or reapply for undergrad?

should I reapply to undergrad medicine after year 1 of uni or just apply for graduate medicine?

for context: i currently have an offer to study biomedical science for the 24/25 year

i’ve heard people say that graduate medicine is a lot harder to get into so i would really appreciate any advice on it :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
Always undergrad.

And not much point starting biomed unless you’d be happy to complete it if you’re unsuccessful with med the next time around.
Reply 2
Original post by natalie158393393
should I reapply to undergrad medicine after year 1 of uni or just apply for graduate medicine?
for context: i currently have an offer to study biomedical science for the 24/25 year
i’ve heard people say that graduate medicine is a lot harder to get into so i would really appreciate any advice on it :smile:

Some med schools will not accept applications from those not in the final year of a degree course. Doing another degree means you will not be eligible for tuition fee funding for medicine and even just doing a year means you would have to fund any extra year you may need if you got in. GEM is much more competitive, needs higher entry test scores generally, costs more and takes longer than standard entry.
Take a gap year and reapply unless you are happy to make your chances of getting a place much lower and accept you may have to complete a degree and take a career based on that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending