The Student Room Group

LLB in the UK and then law in America

I applied for LLB in the UK and so I've gotten an offer by both kcl and Durham. Would US unis recognise that I did complete the LLB and I'll head straight to law school there or does it work another way?
Reply 1
Original post by andreasgeo1
I applied for LLB in the UK and so I've gotten an offer by both kcl and Durham. Would US unis recognise that I did complete the LLB and I'll head straight to law school there or does it work another way?

I believe you would have to sit the bar examination if you wanted to qualify in America, and that is a vastly different process. This also differs from state to state, so I would advise thoroughly doing your research on the bar. ULaw is a great resource for more information on this so I've linked their page on becoming a US attorney below. Hope this helps!

https://www.law.ac.uk/landing/us-bar/?utm_source=Adwords&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=TGM_PGLaw_GGL_SCH_PRO_USBarPrep&utm_ID=167&mh_matchtype=p&mh_keyword=us%20bar&mh_adgroupid=139146190556&mh_network=g&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwh4-wBhB3EiwAeJsppIUpyL4kbAmmE1kDWsHzSAb6jf08PIK1j6qy0FPCYbhvRatynNRJxxoCrKEQAvD_BwE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending