Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Post Grad Medicine

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its the same old story, i wanted to study medicine but messed up tremendously in my As exams. Over the year i've been clawing my way back to better grades but it wasnt possible for me to apply for medicine like i wanted. Instead i went for Chemistry, which is my favourite subject but i'm not sure i want to do it for a career. I'm hoping that i'll find a career in chemistry that i can enjoy but does anyone know of any universities which offer a post grad medicine degree?
    • 74 followers

ReputationRep:
    Technically you'll still be studying an undergraduate programme.

Have a look here:

http://www.medschoolsonline.co.uk/index.php?pageid=77

There are two types of degree: accelerated 4yr programmes and normal length 5 year ones.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's loads of unis that offer postgrad medicine (but as Democracy said it is technically still classed as an undergrad degree.) Just make sure when you choose your unis that you check your degree is accepted, otherwise you waste a choice.

E.g: Leicester GEP would not accept your degree, as they only accept healthcare graduates like nurses, physios etc. Warwick GEP would accept your degree, as they only accept biological and biomedical sciences graduates (so things like chemistry, biology, physics, anatomy etc.)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Leicester now also accept humanities and art students. Warwick now also accept health degrees =p
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    Leicester now also accept humanities and art students. Warwick now also accept health degrees =p
    :p: Fair enough i don't know what they are doing for 2009 entry but that's what it was for 2008 entry when i joined Warwick. When i emailed Leicester they were very strict on it. But then again Warwick has taken on people with both geography and engineering degrees in my cohort. I stand corrected
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna do post-grad medicine...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    I'm gonna do post-grad medicine...
    Do you play rugby at Barts? Just curious as your signature.
    • 74 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, he ditched the Barts team and now plays for Queen Mary :cool:
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:

No, I haven't played rugby since secondary school, I play hockey now.
    • 74 followers

ReputationRep:
    Trying to implie I sleep with my mother? :dry:
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Trying to implie I sleep with my mother? :dry:
    In between me doing it, yes.
    • 74 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get off my mother...I've got off yours :dry:

You coming down on Friday for the end of term piss up? I'll ****ing sort you out then.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get off my mother...I've got off yours :dry:

You coming down on Friday for the end of term piss up? I'll ****ing sort you out then.
    End of term is next friday for us...

I would, but I'm afraid I'm doing the med school's staff xams party.
    • 74 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, shame that...I'll just have to "get you" another time :cool:
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, shame that...I'll just have to "get you" another time :cool:
    You can get me anytime darling
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)

No, I haven't played rugby since secondary school, I play hockey now.
    Ah, it's just your signature is from the Guinness rugby ad (as you are probably aware, heh). I was about to inundate you with questions about rugby at Barts for a second there

(I am hoping that text really is originally from the Guinness ad and not some famous piece of poetry which was hijacked to promote Guinness!)
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iscariot)
    Ah, it's just your signature is from the Guinness rugby ad (as you are probably aware, heh). I was about to inundate you with questions about rugby at Barts for a second there

(I am hoping that text really is originally from the Guinness ad and not some famous piece of poetry which was hijacked to promote Guinness!)
    It is the Guinness ad, apparently it was taken from some coach's motivational speech.

You could ask me about rugby, I know a fair few of the lads, but please don't bore me - ask me about mixed hockey instead.
    • 74 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me, or do most uni rugby players think they're "all that"? :unsure:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snail_87)
    There's loads of unis that offer postgrad medicine (but as Democracy said it is technically still classed as an undergrad degree.) Just make sure when you choose your unis that you check your degree is accepted, otherwise you waste a choice.

E.g: Leicester GEP would not accept your degree, as they only accept healthcare graduates like nurses, physios etc. Warwick GEP would accept your degree, as they only accept biological and biomedical sciences graduates (so things like chemistry, biology, physics, anatomy etc.)
    Just out of curiosity, what percent of your class is postgrad? In addition to your good standing in your degre (2:1), did you also have alot of hostpial volunteer work or similar to make your application stand out?
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me, or do most uni rugby players think they're "all that"? :unsure:
    Some of the younger ones.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2008
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.