The Student Room Group
Reply 1
A*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*ac
No GCSES at all, obviously circumstances behind this...
Reply 3
In real life, 7 A*s and the rest As. But I haven't asked many people tbh - the others I know of in real life all had 10 A*s or over.
Reply 4
to answer your question directly, 6 or 7 A*s.

although cambridge do expect high grades at gcse, it is not used solely as a deciding factor when offering a place. like i explained to you before, you need to really shine in other areas of your application to ensure a strong chance (including; UMS at AS, bmat, interview).
Isometrix
to answer your question directly, 8 A*s.

although cambridge do expect high grades at gcse, it is not used solely as a deciding factor when offering a place. like i explained to you before, you need to really shine in other areas of your application to ensure a strong chance (including; UMS at AS, bmat, interview).

That's "bad"? :eek4:
Reply 6
im going to kill this thread

Someone who got in through the Access Scheme, and had no A*s. Something like AAA BBBBBB CC
Reply 8
TheMeister
That's "bad"? :eek4:

edited post. i only know personally that only people with 8 A*s or more have got in. however i have heard of someone getting in with 6-7A*
Reply 9
well if this is true im doomed : 6.5 A*s, 4 As

eek :/
Reply 10
I know this thread is about GCSES however, i know some one who got into Cambridge to read philosophy with aadd in his AS'S. However, in the two a's , he got 300/300 each.
Reply 11
What about O Level students? You can't score an A* in O Levels.
Reply 12
3A* 2B rest A

p/s the next lowest I heard of was 6A* 4A :s-smilie:
4A* 7A

Though apparently this is way below the rest of his year.

There was I thinking I was a genius getting 6a* and 3a. Ha! =[.
Reply 15
Kingston_x

You are a genius. :hugs:
Reply 16
Kingston_x

Sorry to offend, but those grades, in terms of medicine, are ~average, nothing amazing, nothing terrible. At the top uni's though, they're not soooo average. :frown:
Reply 17
Worst GCSE = 13A*. :yep:

Though, tbh, I know of only 1 medic who got into Cambridge! :p:
Baki
You are a genius. :hugs:

:biggrin:
Reply 19
I know someone who got an interview with 6A*s 4As but I don't think they got an offer. But this was like 3/4 years ago.

Latest

Trending

Trending