The Student Room Group
Mrs Rickman
Anyone know of any 'decent' unis that don't ask for an A in Eng lit as part of their typical offer? So far i've only heard of Edinburgh (BBB), is there anywhere else?

Yes, but Edinburgh is incredibly competitive- I know people with 8a* + and AAAA at AS/A2 pred who've been rejected.
Reply 2
Mrs Rickman
Anyone know of any 'decent' unis that don't ask for an A in Eng lit as part of their typical offer? So far i've only heard of Edinburgh (BBB), is there anywhere else?

It really depends on what you mean by decent. I also think Glasgow, (although not too sure) will accept a B. I'd also say look at less obvious universities, in particular Lancaster, Keele, Hull. These are all good universities with good courses that have lower entrance requirements. :smile:
Reply 3
Try Kent :smile: They have given me an offer of 320 points with a B in literature and on one of the leagues tables it was actually number 8 for english! But their course is called English and American Literature ( still Q300 )
Mrs Rickman

apu

UUE
Loughborough have offered me 320 points with a B in English :smile:
Reply 6
Mrs Rickman

Last year Southampton offered me ABC, UEA gave me a BBB offer, both with a B in English.
Reply 7
Lancaster,
Kent ask for an A quite often
Sheffield joint honours English and philosophy
Exeter I think has quite a low offer for English but I could be wrong on that one.
Aberystwyth not too bad for English quite flexible with offers.
Reply 8
My sister went to the Lancaster opening day she applied for soliology, they told the people there that they often make lower offers than what is written down.

They said they would take 220 points if there in the right subjects.
viviki
Lancaster,
Kent ask for an A quite often
Sheffield joint honours English and philosophy
Exeter I think has quite a low offer for English but I could be wrong on that one.
Aberystwyth not too bad for English quite flexible with offers.

Exeter are giving out AAA offers for English this year because the course is so popular lol :rolleyes:
I know Aber are very flexible with their offers,for example if you don't reach your predicted grade.You could give Reading a try cuz they've got a good rep and give out B offers for English sometimes (definitely for joint honours.)
Reply 10
Essex is a relatively good uni, and they are happy to accept me with just a B in AS English Literautre (I'm not doing the full A-level
RachelBabyfrog
Loughborough have offered me 320 points with a B in English :smile:

Same offer I had from Reading.
Queen Mary offered me BBB last year, and they are v.good for english. Couple of years ago best in country for English, by the Guardian i think?
reading offered me BBB but that was english with philosophy
Reply 14
My lowest so far has been ABB from Liverpool. I think that's as low as it's likely to get for me as York and Nottingham don't seem too forgiving! In the unlikely event that they offer me a place, that is. York are dishing out rejections at the mo :frown:
Reply 15
I'm still waiting on the nottingham option :s:
Reply 16
Reading, Southampton, UEA, Lancaster, Queen Mary, Loughborough, Leicester
Reply 17
wow thats high for Exeter. My friend got offered BBB last year i'm pretty sure. I also know someone who went there with BCC
Reply 18
viviki
wow thats high for Exeter. My friend got offered BBB last year i'm pretty sure. I also know someone who went there with BCC

I've been offered AAA, so has everyone else I know who has an offer. I know people who got AAA offers last year too

Latest

Trending

Trending