The Student Room Group

PGCE at Cambridge 2010, do you think I'm good enough?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by xhelen1989x
'They don't even accept their undergrads...'

Where do you get that reasoning from? In our PGCE group theres 20 of us and 4 were undergrads at Cambridge....

I was told by a girl on my PGCE who did her Undergrad degree there and was told she couldn't also do her PGCE there. :confused:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Kidders
I was told by a girl on my PGCE who did her Undergrad degree there and was told she couldn't also do her PGCE there. :confused:

Lol well there are definately lots of people on the course who did all sorts of undergrad degrees there! :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by xhelen1989x
Lol well there are definately lots of people on the course who did all sorts of undergrad degrees there! :smile:

How odd, i'll ask her on monday why she didn't go there!! :biggrin:
Reply 23
Hello,

I'm thinking of applying for the Cambridge Primary PGCE but am wondering if I'm good enough..

I am currently studying Psychology in Education at a top ten uni and predicted at least a 2:1. I have experience in schools and nurseries and have other relevant work experience with children. I also hope to do Camp America one summer.

I have two concerns. Firstly, for Primary PGCE Cambridge say they expect most undergrads to have 3 A-levels at Grade B or above. Whilst I have 2A*s in psychology and sociology, I achieved a C in history :/ Will they just think I should stick to psychology?

Also, they do accept psychology degrees but expect you to have a Primary National Curriculum subject at A-level, which I do but again it's the C in history. Is this good enough? I also took Critical Thinking AS (A) and Biology (C) :/ I know my A-levels weren't the best results, but do they look at you more for whether they believe you'll make a good teacher?

Do I stand a chance? Ahhh :/ Thanks for any advice!
Just wondering, did you end up getting accepted by Cambridge university?? If so, how was the PGCE course?
Reply 25
Original post by Giggs111989
Just wondering, did you end up getting accepted by Cambridge university?? If so, how was the PGCE course?

This thread is 7 years old and most of the people who posted in it haven't visited the site in years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending