The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 1
Apparently the megabus is really crowded and the toilet isnt very good but its very cheap!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Will it not be cheaper if you book in advance? That's what I always do :smile:
Reply 3
if you book a train ticket 7 days in advance then you can get an appex ticket which is a lot cheaper, bout 35% off. Or you can get a student railcard, they issue it there and then at any mainline station (eg paddington) and it only taks five minutes. However, it ost an initial £20, but you get a 1/3rd off all british rail tickets for the next year!

I heard the mega bus is good, however, with the weather the way it is it might get stuck in traffic and you might not get there. It is really cheap tho, it''l only cost you a pound or something stupid.

Have a look at trains from waterloo rather than paddington because they are slower but generally cheaper.

Also, have a look on nationalrail.co.uk, type in your journey and just above the timetable there is a link which gives alternative routes which might have changes/ are slower but a lot cheaper.

Yes, you can just go into paddington that morning and buy a ticket, btw. You don't have to book.

One more thing, the trains are a bit of a rip off if you travel b4 9.30am, peak time, so try and travel after that, and definatly not on fridays, that super expensive!
Reply 4
Get a megabus from London Victoria, I think the price varies from £4 to £15 and although it is crowded its better than spending £52 on a train ticket! Plus it drops you off right by the student union. =)
thank you people for the info. my mate went to cardiff uni in the half term and she said she paid £110 for a return. so, i will have a check on the national rail thingy.
Reply 6
she go first class or somethin???? £110?? thats crazy money
An Apex return is £24, you've just gotta be prepared and book in advance!

Latest

Trending

Trending