The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Yeah all the superior ensuites will have a key fob to enter the flats. I've never dropped mine but they seem pretty sturdy, although if you do end up loosing them, or your actual keys, be prepared to get charged an absolute bomb!

Same goes for anything to do with your accommodation. When you have to fill out your inventory at the start of the year, make sure to describe the condition exactly, otherwise you might end up getting barely any of your deposit back.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1061
RedRevolver
Are the Furness Superior Ensuite blocks likely to be the ones with keycards rather than actual keys to get in/out?

You have a key fob to get into the block but also get a normal key to get into the flat and room.
bestie
You have a key fob to get into the block but also get a normal key to get into the flat and room.

That key is so getting lost at some point this year...:frown:
Reply 1063
Ok I know this a very random question, but did everybody get their emails/offers in normal working hours only? Or do they come throughout the day/night as well? Not that it's very important but then I won't bother updating my accommodation web portal before tomorrow morning. :tongue:
Reply 1064
RedRevolver

It's attached to the fob so it's kinda hard to loose, I attached mine to my car keys, funnily enough I never loose them (touch wood).
RedRevolver

I've lost mine so many times! Thankfully they always end up being stuck down my bed, behind the TV, or even under a pan in next doors kitchen (21st party - Say no more :p: )
michaelbenson
I've lost mine so many times! Thankfully they always end up being stuck down my bed, behind the TV, or even under a pan in next doors kitchen (21st party - Say no more :p: )

Better one- in an egg box. Not me, a flatmate. We hunted all over, turned his room upside down. on the second day, we took all the furniture out. still no luck. He decided to make himself an omlette to cheer himself up- and found the keys!
Teao the Cat
Better one- in an egg box. Not me, a flatmate. We hunted all over, turned his room upside down. on the second day, we took all the furniture out. still no luck. He decided to make himself an omlette to cheer himself up- and found the keys!

HAHA!! That is actually epic :smile: Never heard of anything like that before :P

Was it a prank or did he just assume he was putting his eggs away when they were actually his keys?! O_o
Reply 1068
Teao the Cat

Reply 1069
Do we get mirrors? sorry if it's been asked before!
shriya
Do we get mirrors? sorry if it's been asked before!

Yes. :smile:
Reply 1071
affinity89
Yes. :smile:

yay:biggrin:
Just received an email from Furness. I now have about 40 email addresses of other Furnessians...:teehee:

Anyway, they've still not uploaded a current timetable for Fresher's week :s-smilie: Should I be worried?
Pendle freshers timetable looks lots of fun....

although I got know clue what a 'UV BUBBLE RAVE' is???
RedRevolver
Just received an email from Furness. I now have about 40 email addresses of other Furnessians...:teehee:

Anyway, they've still not uploaded a current timetable for Fresher's week :s-smilie: Should I be worried?

Oh dear lol! I assume they haven't master the BC and CC functions yet then...

And, don't worry. There will be a 'big night out', a 'quiet night in', the wine club on the Wednesday and probably a few themed nights/bar crawls. You will also have kitchen reps [2/3 students who will be your first port of call with questions etc and will ensure you know what is going on] to keep you in the know. :smile:
Anyone else catered in county?
michaelbenson
HAHA!! That is actually epic :smile: Never heard of anything like that before :P

Was it a prank or did he just assume he was putting his eggs away when they were actually his keys?! O_o

For some reason he had just stuck his keys in the egg box when he last made eggs... although from that point on, if we saw his keys lying around, we'd go and stick them in the egg box... he always knew where to find them then!
Reply 1077
Teao the Cat
For some reason he had just stuck his keys in the egg box when he last made eggs... although from that point on, if we saw his keys lying around, we'd go and stick them in the egg box... he always knew where to find them then!

thats really funny...he will never loose them again because they just get put in the egg box...no thief will think of looking in there xD
Reply 1078
Anybody else spending their time pressing "update" on Web Portal and email?? :frown:
I've sent emails to the accommodation office and to County, no answers yet though.. I really need to know soon because of flights, the one on sunday is much cheaper but they're all getting way expensive now :frown: aah such a mess
Reply 1079
Hahah. I got a TWIN room. Twin Bed Ensuite in County. Now that's just awesome.. (not) "I will endeavour to find a single room for you as soon as possible" etc.

Oh well, I'm a social soul and it's not too bad really, but I must admit I certainly didn't expect that!!

Does anybody know anything about these? Are they in a flat like all the others? How many share a kitchen etc? Where are they located and what do they look like? This is a whole new concept to me altogether...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending