The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Erratic
The county field residences that are located towards the north of the university.. what type of accommodation are they? Could a current student please answer my question (or anyone that would know the answer).

It's number 3 on the map.

That is where the County townhouses are located. :smile:

Original post by benbreezeblock
Hi there, although some my quesitons may have been answered just wondering if someone could help. I am looking to get an upgraded standard room, which gives me:

Bowland
Pendle
Furness
Grizedale

I shall be studying History, Philosophy and Politics. So was wondering what college is reccomended?

Also I am wondering if all upgraded standard rooms have pods for showers/toilets like shown in the picture, as I like the look of these! http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/308883_219717401422921_1512402305_n.jpg

And finally, because Lancaster is both my firm and insurance choice, if i were to not get my firm but get my insurance (hopefully ill get my firm) will my application be the same for accommodation - i.e accommodation still guaranteed considering i would have already applied for it.

Sorry for the questions! - Thanks, Ben :smile:

I am not sure about the shared bathrooms now, as they upgraded the rooms the summer I moved out [last summer].

But, just to avoid confusion, the 'pods' that are in-room are in the ensuite accommodation, not the standard accommodation. :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
1st Choice: County Superior Standard
2nd Choice: Grizedale Townhouse

Excited!
Original post by affinity89
That is where the County townhouses are located. :smile:

I am not sure about the shared bathrooms now, as they upgraded the rooms the summer I moved out [last summer].

But, just to avoid confusion, the 'pods' that are in-room are in the ensuite accommodation, not the standard accommodation. :smile:

It won't let me rep you but thank you :smile:
Reply 1783
Anyone know how long they take to reply to emails? I've had to email them about my personal details after they only included half my first name...
1st Choice- Cartmel Superior Ensuite
2nd Choice- Grizedale Superior Ensuite

Anyone else choose either of these?
Original post by panda192
Anyone know how long they take to reply to emails? I've had to email them about my personal details after they only included half my first name...

Original post by slacker07906
1st Choice- Cartmel Superior Ensuite
2nd Choice- Grizedale Superior Ensuite

Anyone else choose either of these?

May I ask why you chose Cartmel as your first choice? I'm planning to have County Superior Ensuite as my first choice and Grizedale Super Ensuite as my second.
Original post by Erratic
May I ask why you chose Cartmel as your first choice? I'm planning to have County Superior Ensuite as my first choice and Grizedale Super Ensuite as my second.

I know a few people who chose Cartmel and said that it really is the friendliest and mot fun college. They may have been bias but they really did like it lol!
Right well I've just had an email stating that I shouldn't have been able to apply for a Superior Standard in County, this was a mistake on the application form as "Unfortunately this room type isn't available for first year students". Has anyone else had this? They want me to pick something else as my second choice (Furness Upgraded Standard is still my first choice).
Reply 1788
Gone for Bowland Basic Standard and Pendle Upgraded Standard.
Huzzah.
I was told by a guy I know that I "seem to be a Pendle sort of girl" whatever that means...
Original post by ehc
Gone for Bowland Basic Standard and Pendle Upgraded Standard.
Huzzah.
I was told by a guy I know that I "seem to be a Pendle sort of girl" whatever that means...

So you have an STD?
Reply 1790
Original post by RabbitCFH
So you have an STD?

Tonnes.
Reply 1791
First choice: County Townhouse
Second Choice: Bowland Superior En Suite

If I don't get my first choice I'll be quite urked, but, meh. :smile:
Are townhouses popular?

Lancaster is my insurance so does that affect me when applying for accomodation? I don't want to apply for something that is going to be full anyway...
Original post by BeccaCath94
Are townhouses popular?

Lancaster is my insurance so does that affect me when applying for accomodation? I don't want to apply for something that is going to be full anyway...

In recent years, they have been very popular. :smile:

Insurance students are not promised a room on campus, although they do try and find one if possible.
Original post by affinity89
In recent years, they have been very popular. :smile:

Insurance students are not promised a room on campus, although they do try and find one if possible.

So with me being an insurance student is it not really worth applying for a townhouse?
Ahh. Thanks :smile:
Is it first come first served?
Original post by BeccaCath94
So with me being an insurance student is it not really worth applying for a townhouse?
Ahh. Thanks :smile:
Is it first come first served?

As a rule, Lancaster always state that it isn't first come, first serve no. But, firmers take priority over insurance students. :smile:
affinity89, would you happen to know how they decide on which students get what?
Original post by Erratic
affinity89, would you happen to know how they decide on which students get what?

Not in any great detail.

Special circumstances, eg, needing an ensuite for medical reasons etc, will probably be dealt with first. But other than that, I don't know.

They try to stick with the type of accommodation applied for - standard/ensuite - above the college, if they cannot match your options.
Really can't decide between the townhouses and the refurbished upgraded standard rooms in Bowland. I prefer the townhouses and like their layout etc but I think the upgraded standard rooms in Bowland are nice enough, and are of course cheaper, saving me around £600. Decisions, decisions.
Original post by misseckleburg
I've lived in County townhouse and Superior standard and personally I'd go with superior standard

I would also like to go with superior standard as my chose, but strangely I do not see it in the list:
20120614034437_SNAG-2012-06-14_03-44-35.png

Is it an error or we will not be able to get a superior standard? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending