The Student Room Group
It is highly unlikely. If they are to consider you for another course then they will not formally reject you from the pooling system.
Reply 2
In the case of Cambridge, it has been known for a rejection after pooling to be 'reversed' very late in the day, but it's rare in the extreme. At Oxford, as their pooling system operates at the initial interview stage, it's even less likely. In either case it's technically possible as unis can change a rejection into an offer if they wish to (they can't convert an offer into a rejection, though, unless there's been a material change to your application, such as dropping a subject). Can't really comment further without knowing the precise circumstances of the case :smile:
WildeMugwump
Has anyone ever heard of a case where someone goes through the Oxbridge interview process, is put into the pool, interviewed at another college; formally rejected and told no longer under consideration by any college; Some weeks later asked to return for interview for a similar subject?

I am curious...

This actually happened to my friend last year exactly how you describe it, apart from it wasn't for a different subject (I think, might have been slightly different).

Edit: Was for Oxford.

Latest

Trending

Trending