The Student Room Group

Where to go, what to do

I'm deferring my uni entrance for a year, so have a year and a small amount of money to spend. I'd like to do one of the volunteering projects, but they're all vastly expensive, does anyone know if its at all possible to get these sort of things any cheaper (I know some large amount of money goes to the charity and stuff, I'm ok with that) by example, organizing it yourself, or would the price not differ too much to do all of those activities.

A cheaper option would be to go for one in europe, but I'd prefer a wildlife sort of placement to a social one, and they're mainly in SA or New Zealand.

Any advice on possible things to do?
Reply 1
You're right, they are vastly expensive, and most don't include flights either. Have a look at http://www.gapyear.com for hundreds of conservation work placements...most of them cost thousands but there are a few like this which cost slightly less, and some European placements which cost hardly anything, like this one in Bosnia.

This site should give you a basic idea anyway...it helped me figure out what I broadly wanted to do and where I wanted to go on my gap year so I could go and research it in more depth. :smile:

Latest