The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i'm bored of the small town mentality. i prefer to live in the city.
Slightly bored of it.
That said, I miss it slightly when I'm away.
Although, I definitely want to move for uni, and live somewhere else in the future.
Reply 42
I live in a village near St Andrews, nothing is really on my doorstep, you'll have to get transport to the town or go across the water to Dundee. Lived here all my life and although I do feel tied to it, I'll be glad to get out for it for university.
If you have ever heard of Clacton-on-sea in Essex you would know of the pain I suffer.
I got bored of London and that was why I had to move away for uni - and I think I have had my life times worth of London tbh - I dont want to live/work there long term again really if i have the choice... which suprises a lot of people being the capital city and everything... maybe it's because my heart lies where the sea is :yep:
I don't think I'll ever get bored of my hometown. I like it.
Reply 46
Nah. It's London! :biggrin:
I got bored of Norwich which is why i live in Nottingham... 4 years in and I looove it here.
I'm bored of the actual town, but not of living near Oxford.
Where I live is boring but I love it.
Reply 50
Well and truly. I need somewhere bigger. LA or NYC.
ToastyCoke
awesome

Oh where is it?

I used to live in Glasgow and I'm now missing it (but not the weather).
HyperBrain
Oh where is it?

I used to live in Glasgow and I'm now missing it (but not the weather).

Ayyyyyr =)
Reply 53
Peterborough...
highest teenage pregnancy rates in the UK...
apparently.
i can see why.
caw123
Well and truly. I need somewhere bigger. LA or NYC.

Manchester is supposed to be an awesome place to live. Must be pleny going on there surely
Reply 55
considering my hometown is liverpool: NO.

although, I live on the wirral and that's pretty crap. I have a love/hate relationship with the paradise peninsula.
Reply 56
No, I like St. Albans.
Pinner.
Even its name sounds dull! I hate the locals. It used to be a nice area before complete prats started migrating here.

None of my choices are in London. Cannot wait to see the back of this place. Who knows...might eventually miss it when I'm gone :rolleyes:
I like Manchester.

But the actual town i'm from is rubbish, the highest job prospects there is, is to become a supervisor at Morrisons, and all there is for entertainment is going to subway or whetherspoons.

I don't really intend on moving back there.
Reply 59
Yes.

I live in a small, bleak, ex-mining south Wales valley.

Job prospects are low, and were, until recently, focused in the secondry sector, then all the factories started to close and now the town seems more bleak and depressing than it has ever been before. According to some website (justupmystreet, i think) only 0.5% of the population of my area actually go to University, which really doesn't surprise me.

I can't wait to graduate, so the chances of me landing a city-based job are increased.

Latest

Trending

Trending