The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i was just looking at that!!
i really want to do it! gota work out if i have money though first!!
i let you know!
Reply 2
OOOO PLEEEEASE COME :smile: Where bouts do you live???? We might be able to fly together :smile:
How much is it? :smile:
Reply 4
I might be interested... :beard:
Reply 5
Its £500 for 2 weeks with accomodation, food transport etc Have to pay for filghts yourself tho. I really want to book in january if poss cos u dont hv to pay anythin til March if you do, so please lt me no asap
Reply 6
where are you flying from? you no how much flights cost?
With Real Gap? Sorry but nope.
Hah, probably actually would if it wasn't for the fact I'd be back at uni the end.
Reply 9
You pay £500 to help them.

I thought the idea was you help someone, they pay you.
Man, they're mugging you guys right off. Then again, I guess the market for "naive ******* looking for ******** to put in their personal statement" is probably pretty big.
Reply 11
DanGrover
Man, they're mugging you guys right off. Then again, I guess the market for "naive ******* looking for ******** to put in their personal statement" is probably pretty big.

I reckon Peruvian entrenepeurs construct walls for the sole purpose of charging Jenny and Sophia from Chesire to fly over and paint them.
Reply 12
i am flying from london but live in liverpool so have to fly there first. PLEASE SOMEONE COME WITH ME :smile:
A year or so ago I was actually looking into the moldova programme through real gap! It looks really good but theres a few threads here which say they arent the best company to go with! I'm applying to do something in America next year though so funds is the main issue lol! :smile:
Reply 14
Real gap arent the best for some programmes but i know of 6 seperate people who have all gone for this trip and hv sed how good they were. ANY OFFERS??????
£500 for two weeks, and that doesn't even include flights? That's such a rip off. It doesn't cost anywhere near that for them to put you up for two weeks in Romania of all places!
Reply 16
Its moldova. lol but i really still need sum1 to come with me please :smile:
Reply 17
Just been talking to sumone who said that you can go there dirrect with the orphanage and this will make it quite a bit cheeper. Any offers yet - kinda gettin desperate :smile:
Oops,meant Moldova. All the ones I'd seen were Romania, hence the confusion. But my point still stands.

If Real Gap send people over there, then you'll meet people when you get there. If you're only going for two weeks, is it really that much of a big deal, even if you go there and don't meet new people?
I had a look around the internet and found this link

http://www.marisha.net/orphanage.htm

It has a list of orphanages in Moldova, including those that serve those with disabilites. I had a rummage around the internet and via Real Gap I think it's most likely you'll be working in one in Chisinau. If you look on the list of links there's a few that, in brackets, say the Republican School. I think that's the one you're looking at. The number's there. Real Gap are just sapping you of money. I think you'd be better either finding a travel partner off here or websites that serve that purpose of finding partners, and the pair or group of you organising it and going yourselves. You're organising your own flights anyway so you might as well go the whole way and save yourself some money.

I've also heard doing it solo is alot better then with other people and definately more satisfying than with a company that does nothing other then take a big chnk out of your money.

Latest