The Student Room Group

What's with the St.george's medicine rejections?

I haven't got an interview yet (I'm a bit worried about it), but I know quite a lot of people who have, and they've got straight rejections (even though they're very good). They thought the interview went well, have good grades but got rejected.

Have st.george's finished the bulk of their interviews?

And what exactly are St.george's looking for in medicine applicants?

Also how many people have got offers?

And you are welcome to raise any other issues you want to on the subject.
Reply 1
Only 20% of applicants receive an offer after interview, which explains the large number of rejections you're hearing about! But they do interview all the applicants who fulfill the entry requirements, so i guess that's why they have to reject a lot of people! No i don't think they've finished interviewing just yet. They particularly like hearing about what applicants have learnt from work experience in detail...hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2
dino1
(even though they're very good). They thought the interview went well, have good grades but got rejected.
Who are you, or they for that matter, to judge?
b9muslove
Only 20% of applicants receive an offer after interview, which explains the large number of rejections you're hearing about! But they do interview all the applicants who fulfill the entry requirements, so i guess that's why they have to reject a lot of people! No i don't think they've finished interviewing just yet. They particularly like hearing about what applicants have learnt from work experience in detail...hope that helps :smile:

This.

On TSR it feels like a lot of people are getting rejected post-interview but that's simply because a lot of people are given interviews in the first place. Of course, that simply doesn't mean that a large amount will get offers. On the contrary, it's harder to get an offer from St. George's post-interview than it is from a different medical school that filters out more candidates before the interview stage. That said, people still do receive offers, obviously, and TSR isn't necessarily the view of the entire student population.

...Having said that, what do I know? It may well be because St. George's is asking applicants, for the first time, to provide solid evidence of work experience (e.g. a letter/certificate from a hospital or something) as a condition of application! Maybe everyone lied on their PS! :tongue: hahaha...

(Just kidding folks, by the way!)

Remember all applications are considered in competition with others. Sometimes a good performance in its own right just isn't strong enough compared to others in the cohort.

You should expect to wait until May before you hear anything so don't fret, it's only January!
I want an interview from these guys. >.<
Does anyone know the rough date for the last interviews?
I'm still waiting aswell, however i feel as though SGUL has been very quiet for a while in terms of giving out interviews to uk non graduate applicants. So i guess its just a matter of time before we start hearing from them again and they do interview till quite late (april time).
i got an interview from sgul in april last yr so jus gotta wait... plus, as long as u meet their req u will get an interview so dnt wry!

gl every1!
Reply 7
hmmm i got rejected but i didnt do that well in the interview i dont think, wasnt asked any typical questions except "Why Medicine?"

all i can say is prepare properly, because its harder to think of answers when ur under pressure in the interview than in front of the mirror or with ur mates... thats the mistake i made, not gonna make it again

Latest

Trending

Trending