The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good bloke
You fondled Horace, and Marlowe's Ars? :eek:

hobnob
That would have been Corpus.:wink:

No, for some reason the Ars I fondled ended up in the library of another college, named, as it happens, after a certain lady of Galilee who, as some blasphemous revisionists would have it, may indeed have fondled none other than the Corpus Christi. Sorry for being so cryptically latinate, but it's just such fun being pretentious.
Reply 61
renaissancemensch
No, for some reason the Ars I fondled ended up in the library of another college, named, as it happens, after a certain lady of Galilee who, as some blasphemous revisionists would have it, may indeed have fondled none other than the Corpus Christi. Sorry for being so cryptically latinate, but it's just such fun being pretentious.

:rofl:
Reply 62
renaissancemensch

that would be Magdalene then...
what on earth was it doing there???
renaissancemensch

I suppose that is what an American would call a bum rap, then. :smile:

Pretentious? Mihi?

Latest

Trending

Trending