The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
UEAAccommodation
We are doing some more allocations today. Hopefully yours will be in this batch!

Thank you :smile:. If I don't hear today, when am I likely to have heard by? It's quite agonising waiting!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Jaredss
I kinda thought I'll ask as I'm used to sneaking kettles in my room to avoid waking people at night- but I guess at uni its set out like a house ( I'm strictly a bungalow man:cool: :cool: - stairs are gonna be so fun!)

Hardly brought anything yet- I wrote up a massive list thats all over the place and working our way through it. Got sidetracked buying kitchen stuff- and came home with a smoothie maker:woo: ( Tesco's clubcard point scheme FTW), which could also be used for cocktails(alternative uses are my forte). Still have my utensils and a frying pan.

What saucepans is it advisable to buy?

Depends where you're staying, cause as far as I recall, in the village the rooms and kitchen are on the same floor. Constable Terrace and Nelson Court have stairs between the kitchen and bedrooms though.

Haha I need to make a utensils list of things I want/need. Infact, I'm about to start it now...

And errm :confused: what do you mean what saucepans? I didn't realise there were different kinds.....

EDIT: Although according to UEA up there ^^ they don't tell you where to put the kettle.
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Depends where you're staying, cause as far as I recall, in the village the rooms and kitchen are on the same floor. Constable Terrace and Nelson Court have stairs between the kitchen and bedrooms though.

Haha I need to make a utensils list of things I want/need. Infact, I'm about to start it now...

And errm :confused: what do you mean what saucepans? I didn't realise there were different kinds.....

EDIT: Although according to UEA up there ^^ you are allowed kettles in your room.

Allowed is a bit of a misquote to be honest. Let's just say we don't really tell you that you have to put them in the kitchen...!
UEAAccommodation
Allowed is a bit of a misquote to be honest. Let's just say we don't really tell you that you have to put them in the kitchen...!

Sorry :p: I've fixed it now :smile:
Reply 784
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Constable Terrace

Staying there so stairs it is. I doubt it'll wake anyone.

And different sizes of saucepans- preferably want to get at least 1- and use it as extra storage. My kitche list started off being bullet points and morphed into some crazy mindmap.

LOL UEAAccommodation- love how it seems you/they understand student needs.
Jaredss
Staying there so stairs it is. I doubt it'll wake anyone.

And different sizes of saucepans- preferably want to get at least 1- and use it as extra storage. My kitche list started off being bullet points and morphed into some crazy mindmap.

LOL UEAAccommodation- love how it seems you/they understand student needs.

Oh I see. I'm probably going to get one small, one medium tbh. Haven't decided yet. And ahh I'm in the village, so no stairs for me :p:
Reply 786
UEAAccommodation
What you need to do is sort out how you are going to pay within the first 28 days of your accommodation licence. You can do this either online on your UEA E-vision account or in person at the finance office in the registry building. Please don't come to the accommodation office to do this - we spend an awful lot of time in the first couple of weeks sending people to the registry since we don't take any money here!

There are 3 ways to pay for your room:

1. All in one go within 28 days.
2. In three equal termly installments (to get this figure just divide the total amount we quoted you by 3)
3. In around 8 installments monthly by direct debit. We don't start taking this until about November and the payments will run until June. This is not a "monthly" rental charge but the total amount divided by 8.

Its the same cost no matter which option you choose. We offer these option becuase we know that you all get funded in different ways.

Don't worry you will have plenty of time to arrange setting the payments up after you arrive. You don't need to be sorting it out now since we don't take any form of deposit on the accommodation.

Thanks for this!! It's very helpful :smile: I'm not worrying about paying, I just want to have some idea of how it works so I can have some idea of what's going to be coming in and going out and when! :smile:
Reply 787
LooCee
Thanks for this!! It's very helpful :smile: I'm not worrying about paying, I just want to have some idea of how it works so I can have some idea of what's going to be coming in and going out and when! :smile:

"Order out of chaos" :smile:
Reply 788
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Oh I see. I'm probably going to get one small, one medium tbh. Haven't decided yet. And ahh I'm in the village, so no stairs for me :p:

No stairs but the walk to campus makes up for it :rolleyes:
Thats UEA looking our for its students fitness :biggrin:

In the village do you have combi microwaves- spent nearly an hour trying to find out whats allowed to be put in them. Have visions of blowing up the kitchen on the first day
Jaredss

In the village do you have combi microwaves- spent nearly an hour trying to find out whats allowed to be put in them. Have visions of blowing up the kitchen on the first day

Well I'll have stairs to my floor, but not from the kitchen to bedroom. And also the walk to campus involves going past the sportspark, so hopefully that will further motivate me to go.

And errm :yep: it's microwaves everywhere.
Jaredss

I'm reliably informed by students that have lived there that you can use normal metal trays in them as long it is on "oven" mode. The best thing to do is to try and get circular trays that will fit them. Apparently poundland in the city centre of Norwich has some that fit.

If you are using it as a microwave then of course use can't put metal inside it.

Think of them as a single unit that can be both an oven or a microwave.
Reply 791
I've still not heard anything about my accomodation :\
Reply 792
I was baffled by what I would be able to use in the microwave, so I've ended up with a lurid pink silicone baking tray.. oven AND microwave proof. All bases covered, lovely job.
Silicone trays would be perfect - As Lucy says, that way you will cover all bases.
Reply 794
Sillicon it is !

Shame they get hotter than you expect- but at least they dont melt, and their foldable :woo:

Shame about the lurid pink though Lucy- bit conspicuous there :biggrin:
Reply 795
Damn, I am just full of bright ideas.
And well, the pink wasn't my first choice, but I found it at TK Maxx at some bargain price so wasn't too fussed :p: And hell, as least I won't lose it..
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me!

My boyfriend has just received his accomodation offer and has been allocated Norfolk Terrace Standard Twin. I am guessed that this is a shared room? He is panicking a bit because shared was his last choice, and he really doesn't want to share! What can we doooo?! Too late to call UEA (even if they would do anything?) because they sent the offer at 17:15 on a Friday evening!!! GRRR!!! So now we have to wait until monday :frown:

What are the Twin rooms like? Are they def shared? And is there any way that he could change rooms??

Thank you
Reply 797
happy watermelon
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me!

My boyfriend has just received his accomodation offer and has been allocated Norfolk Terrace Standard Twin. I am guessed that this is a shared room? He is panicking a bit because shared was his last choice, and he really doesn't want to share! What can we doooo?! Too late to call UEA (even if they would do anything?) because they sent the offer at 17:15 on a Friday evening!!! GRRR!!! So now we have to wait until monday :frown:

What are the Twin rooms like? Are they def shared? And is there any way that he could change rooms??

Thank you

I've just had the exact same so he's probably with me lol. I wanted Norfolk Terrace but single, suppose I'll just have to live with it. It's cheaper which is one positive
Dom2010
I've just had the exact same so he's probably with me lol. I wanted Norfolk Terrace but single, suppose I'll just have to live with it. It's cheaper which is one positive

True, it is cheaper I suppose :smile: He's in NT C-Block, are you?
Reply 799
happy watermelon
True, it is cheaper I suppose :smile: He's in NT C-Block, are you?

No NT D-Block, so he won't be with me then.

Latest

Trending

Trending