The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Might only be on the Internet, but it's a start :smile:.
Not sure they'd be able to offer anything online that other stores, eg amazon already do really well. Time will tell I guess.
Reply 3
Not that fussed really. It was a mess of a store that didn't sell anything particularly nice or that cheap really. Perhaps operating solely online will reduce costs, but I doubt I'll be shopping from there.
Can't really see it working - I always thought of Woolworths as one of those places you go in as you're passing by "just in case".
Still, you never know.
Reply 5
Bring back the store.
Reply 6
Woolworths is huge over here. They are the equlivant of Tescos.
Reply 7
i miss woolies
Ah, it brings back memories. It was such a large store here that my brothers and I used to play hide and seek!

But an online store? Who will even shop from there? I go on Amazon.
Reply 9
it just wont be the same online :sad:
Reue

Coles > Woolies
That is shocking, how are they going to compete there prices will still be twice as much then other online shops even with the sales they were to expensive, plus there is stiff competition. LOL!
Reue

Don't Coles own Woolies?

God I miss Aus; Vegemite and Tim Tams :'(
lozz2601
Can't really see it working - I always thought of Woolworths as one of those places you go in as you're passing by "just in case".
Still, you never know.

Yeah, same.
Reply 14
OneWayOfLife?
That is shocking, how are they going to compete there prices will still be twice as much then other online shops even with the sales they were to expensive, plus there is stiff competition. LOL!

Agreed with this, can't see them being able to compete with Amazon and co.
Reply 15
PeanutButterJellyTime
As an online store. How do you feel about it?

Source

Its not the same. You can't ask your mum for a fiver and go down and get the latest single, as well as the tiniest bit of pic n mix that the remaining change can offer.
Reply 16
Strictly Business
Coles > Woolies

Naaaaaw :P
also cant see it working you'd just go in if you were walking past, you wouldn't specifically go there

no pic n mix online i guess =[
Reply 18
pic and mix online?
cheap crap online is what ebay is for
no need for an online woolies...
Reply 19
Hmm, I'm not sure I'd like my pic 'n' mix sent via post.

Latest

Trending

Trending