The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 1
my friend, i hear you. im in the same situation except i applied for econs and finance. You are not alone and there are many others.

apparently exeter suddenly seem to wake up in march and issue offers then. March 31st is the deadline anyway. just hang in there for now.

gd luck. hopefully we both get in.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
I'm the same but for geography! I applied four months ago tomorrow, but then the course I applied for was cancelled and I had to select another, but stilll...four months!
Reply 3
I applied four months ago and I got a letter yesterday saying my application had been recently received. :wtf:
Reply 4
lol, glad to read that I'm not alone!! I hope you all get offers (as well as me of course! :biggrin: )

It's not as if I have nothing else to worry about whilst I wait (I am studying the IB after all!), but it would just be nice to be able to actually make some sort of decision about the next four years of my life soon, y'know? :biggrin:

mr_m :smile:
Reply 5
I just got my offer today
Reply 6
Got my offer today
Reply 7
Still waiting!! But well done you two!! :biggrin:

mr_m
Reply 8
The wait is over; I've got my offer!!!! :biggrin:

32pts with a 5 in German - actually a shade higher than the 29-31 quoted in the prospectus, but no difference to me - it's a generous offer from a top Uni for the subject!! Although I now have three universities which have offered me a place if I get 32pts (the other offer being a 36pts from Durham, which will be at least my insurance, whisper it quietly!), meaning that my decision as to which of the three 32pts Unis to put as my firm/insurance offer, will be entirely made on what I think of the Uni and the course, and not on the relative easiness/difficulty of the offer!! :biggrin:

Well done to anyone else who's got offers, and best of luck if you're still waiting!!!

mr_m
Reply 9
mr_maniac
The wait is over; I've got my offer!!!! :biggrin:

32pts with a 5 in German - actually a shade higher than the 29-31 quoted in the prospectus, but no difference to me - it's a generous offer from a top Uni for the subject!! Although I now have three universities which have offered me a place if I get 32pts (the other offer being a 36pts from Durham, which will be at least my insurance, whisper it quietly!), meaning that my decision as to which of the three 32pts Unis to put as my firm/insurance offer, will be entirely made on what I think of the Uni and the course, and not on the relative easiness/difficulty of the offer!! :biggrin:

Well done to anyone else who's got offers, and best of luck if you're still waiting!!!

mr_m

which course did u apply for?
Reply 10
German and Spanish, as stated in the starter post of the thread :biggrin: :smile:

Good luck to you by the way!!! :smile:

mr_m
Reply 11
Good luck MM, and thank you!!! :biggrin: I hope you get in :smile:
Magical Moogles
It seems Exeter has changed (raised) alot of their typical requirements this year.

I think one of the reasons for the rise in typical requirements was highlighted in a recent newspaper article, the number of applicants to Exeter this year pretty much soared... they were University of the year very recently as well which gave them a lot of exposure so far more people were applying and the such. I know a huge number of people at my sixth form applied to Exeter this year with plans to have them as their firm choice, whereas last year no one from my sixth form went there at all.

Congrats to everyone who got their offers :smile:
Reply 13
still waiting for exeter aswell!! but applied for History.. applied over four months ago now.. its taking so long!
anyone been to see exeter yet? i havent had chance.. but heard its a really nice uni!

Latest

Trending

Trending