The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bella_trixxx
Oh, my God. The amount of morons who've said that to me... *sigh*

it's so stressful right!
Gah!
Reply 41
It may be genetics or something inborn or whatever. I believe that it has much to do with habits, I mean as a child or baby we just got accoustomed to being a left-handed or right-handed. Of course the case differs from culture to culture; for instance, in the eastern part of the world, particulary in Turkey and Arabian cultures, right-hand is considered superior to the left, and thus most people make children use their right in what they do, especially while eating.

:smile:
Left handed handjobs feel better, thats why.
Im left handed and i am both left and right footed. And i can only cut things with scissors using my right hand. weird eh...
Reply 44
I think lefthandedness has something to do with possessing inferior genes, or a mutation or something.
Reply 45
Tecoo
It may be genetics or something inborn or whatever. I believe that it has much to do with habits, I mean as a child or baby we just got accoustomed to being a left-handed or right-handed. Of course the case differs from culture to culture; for instance, in the eastern part of the world, particulary in Turkey and Arabian cultures, right-hand is considered superior to the left, and thus most people make children use their right in what they do, especially while eating.

:smile:

No one forces anyone to use their right hand since the Victorian age as far as I'm aware :rolleyes:
Why are left handers far more likely to murder or be in prison, or commit suicide is what I would like to know.
Reply 47
token
Then she is not left handed, but right handed.

She writes with her left hand which makes her left handed.
im left handed, but do most other things with my right hand including using scissors, i cannot cut at all with my left hand lol, it annoys me when people see im writing and say 'are you left handed'
Reply 49
Jadel_L
She writes with her left hand which makes her left handed.

Come to think of it, where was it decided that if a person writes with a certain hand, then they are that handed?

Why is it that writing has to be the main indicator of a person's "handedness"?
Turdburger
Why are left handers far more likely to murder or be in prison, or commit suicide is what I would like to know.

It's because they're sick of the bloody right handed world that we live in >.<
Reply 51
Im right handed and my twin is left handed :smile:
Reply 52
I wish I was left handed. I feel like a social outcast now. :p:

Haha. Well I'm right handed but I've never really thought about it before.

How do you find out which foot is dominant?
Because I don't think I have a dominant foot.
Reply 53
xo-Heva
I wish I was left handed. I feel like a social outcast now. :p:

Haha. Well I'm right handed but I've never really thought about it before.

How do you find out which foot is dominant?
Because I don't think I have a dominant foot.

Which foot do you kick a ball with?
I write with my left hand but do everything else including using an eraser with my right hand. Which side of my brain is dominant!?
Laura373
because we're elite.

/thread

Four of the last five US presidents have been left handed. Statistically, it's like mentally unlikely - 0.00045 to be precise. (And McCain was left handed too.)

So, ye, we rock.
I think the question should be 'why are there more right-handed people than left-handed?'

I like being left-handed. But I never know how to respond when people exclaim "OH you're left-handed!!"

"Er... yeah. So I am. Blimey, you wear glasses!"
being left-handed is amazing - best conversation started imo.

Also, isnt it something like 25-33% of people are left-handed!?! cos statistics arent really collected?!

a friend of mine writes left-handed, but everything else is right-handed.

Left-handed-ness is supposedly genetic but very few of my family members are left handed... as far as i know all of my grandparents were right handed, as are both of my parents and my sister... the only left handed family members i have, is my cousins, and a great-aunt as far as i know!
Reply 58
Out of my brothers and sisters, all the males are left handed and the one female is right handed.
Reply 59
Terryw
Out of my brothers and sisters, all the males are left handed and the one female is right handed.

Same here:five:

Latest

Trending

Trending