The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It is only ok to take medical drugs when needed, any other drugs are forbidded

I cant stand all these druggies on the streets, they are all lifeless ***** and should be moved

Waht a stupid thread I hope this gets removed
WHAT A DISGRACE you should know better
Reply 2
It's your body, why should anyone tell you what to do with it? As long as you are aware of the consequences and don't cause any trouble around you, do whatever you want.
Reply 3
Socially yes, legally no. A bit like speeding.
I think it's a bit unfair lumping everything that has any kind of affect on you together under the umbrella of 'drug'. Ecstasy, as has been in the news recently, is mostly harmless, so I'd day yeah, that's ok. Crack will mess you up, so I'm inclined to say it's not. Still, I don't think any drug should be illegal. I haven't calculated it or anything, but I'm sure taking away trade from columbian drug barons can only have a net positive effect on the world, plus also it'd be more fun.
Reply 5
If it was ok, why would there be laws against it?
In terms of the supposed "morality" of drug-taking, then I'd say yes. In terms of the law, then mostly no, unfortunately.
Reply 7
Sun Ra and his Arkestra
I think it's a bit unfair lumping everything that has any kind of affect on you together under the umbrella of 'drug'. Ecstasy, as has been in the news recently, is mostly harmless, so I'd day yeah, that's ok. Crack will mess you up, so I'm inclined to say it's not. Still, I don't think any drug should be illegal. I haven't calculated it or anything, but I'm sure taking away trade from columbian drug barons can only have a net positive effect on the world, plus also it'd be more fun.

evidently
izaldo
Socially yes, legally no. A bit like speeding.

Speeding puts others in danger. Doing drugs puts the user in danger.

And 'drugs' is such a vague term as to be meaningless. Do you mean aspirin, caffeine, alcohol, weed, ketamin, cocaine?
Depends on the individual and how the drug affects them and their life and the people around them, depends on the drug and its severity/addictiveness, depends whether it's a medicinal drug or a recreational drug (and even then, what about medicinal drugs used for recreational purposes, or vice versa?), depends on whether you're looking at it from a moral or legal standpoint. There's a lot of variables to look at here.

Personally, I'm really undecided on the issue, because of said variables. You can't really blanket statement drugs as a whole.

Edited because my ability to tell "affects" from "effects" doesn't kick in before coffee.
Reply 10
Yes it's fine.
boven78hx1

I cant stand all these druggies on the streets, they are all lifeless ***** and should be moved

Alcohol is a drug.

And yeah it's perfectly fine if used in moderation in my opinion, it's be hypocritical to say otherwise if you're basing this on health. If you're talking about law, then no, we have no freedom when it comes to that so yea it's horribly wrong and bad, we aren't allowed to otherwise we end up getting spanked in a prison cell if caught.
Reply 12
Callum828

And 'drugs' is such a vague term as to be meaningless. Do you mean aspirin, caffeine, alcohol, weed, ketamin, cocaine?

It was quite a sarcy answer but I guess without control in either situation causes danger.

I agree though, think the question is vague in the extreme. I made the decision to not drink last night only to drink coke instead. The Caffiene and general madness of the night meant I didn't get a wink!
Reply 13
Alcohol is the most dangerous drug.... and it's legal :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Caffeine, Paracetomol, Alcohol and Tobacco are drugs, yet they are not illegal. It seem odd that these, which range from helpful and harmless to addicting and life destroying, are legal while alot of other drugs are illegal. Since when has the law been the definitive word on right and wrong. Right isn't a synonym for legal. It all comes down to the individual. As long as you're aware of the consequences and are concious of those around you then I say it's alright.
boven78hx1

lol, just lol. Not all people who used drugs are "on the streetz" nor are they "lifeless" and I fail to see why they should be "moved" or where to.
Reply 16
Callum828

Drugs put others in danger too. I dont have any statistics, but surely a high percentage of crimes are committed by people under the influence of some kind of drug.
Reply 17
boven78hx1

negative
Reply 18
SoapyDish
If it was ok, why would there be laws against it?

Just because a government makes a law against something that does not mean it is correct. If this was the case nothing would ever get changed in law.
zav
Just because a government makes a law against something that does not mean it is correct. If this was the case nothing would ever get changed in law.

There must be a reason for the law in the first place though. "OK" means "all correct" so if there are enough negative consequences of drugs to make laws against them, they are not "all correct" therefore they are not "OK".

I'm anti-drugs, but I drink alcohol, consume caffeine and medicines, and I have lots of friends who do weed and some who do coke and ecstasy.

Latest

Trending

Trending