The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Since mid January, and we still have four chapters left. And we have to do C3 and FP1 as well in June. I hate my maths teacher. :frown:
Reply 2
I think our school covered it in half a term but we did further maths. I suppose 3/4 of a term would be good if you're not doing further maths.

If your school isn't teaching it "properly", then tell your teacher what you think is "proper".
Reply 3
i started it mid jan and am half way through it now
Reply 4
Swayum
I think our school covered it in half a term but we did further maths. I suppose 3/4 of a term would be good if you're not doing further maths.

If your school isn't teaching it "properly", then tell your teacher what you think is "proper".

Not trying to whine, but my teacher is actually a psychology teacher that has been assigned to teach the statistical maths batch as the previous teacher left in Mid-December. She herself asks us students how to solve the questions as she cant do so. A few weeks back we were doing geometric sequences, she spent the entire lesson trying to solve the last question in the chapter and still couldn't get the right answer, so she gave up. All she does is assign homework and only teaches the worked out examples in the text book.

I too haven't started the following modules for June:
-FP1
-S1
-S2
-M1
We started at about mid Jan and we've only got C2 Trig left, I think.
Did one chapter in december and the rest mid/early jan. Integration and differentiation left. C1 didn't take long but C2 is taking much longer :frown:
Reply 7
How long did you take for the FP stuff?

I have my mock exam in 10 hours (with little preparation for maths, no preparation for sociology, thus leaving me with 3 hours sleep ) and i'm on TSR. Dammit!
Reply 8
well I'm quite pissed off with how my C2'S turned out.. C1 was easy, a bit too easy.. C2 takes alot longer and we've mised loads of lessons due to unfortunate circumstances...

on the past papers I'm getting a strong 50/75 each time, just trig/log questions I'm ******* up on... still ages to go though so I'm not worrieing..

also..... is anyone having problems with S1? I find it really complicated..... got that test in june too
jammer
Not trying to whine, but my teacher is actually a psychology teacher that has been assigned to teach the statistical maths batch as the previous teacher left in Mid-December. She herself asks us students how to solve the questions as she cant do so. A few weeks back we were doing geometric sequences, she spent the entire lesson trying to solve the last question in the chapter and still couldn't get the right answer, so she gave up. All she does is assign homework and only teaches the worked out examples in the text book.

I too haven't started the following modules for June:
-FP1
-S1
-S2
-M1

Ouch, good luck!
Reply 10
only got trig and logs to do then done, and I do FM and M at the same time, not M then FM.
Reply 11
Ermmmmmm in year 12 at my school we had:

Sept-Dec = 4 lessons a week on C1
Jan exam in C1
Jan-May = 2 lessons a week on C2, 2 lessons a week on our applied module.
May/June exams in C2 & applied module

Year 13 following a similar pattern except they have introduced a 5th lesson each week where we revise C3 or now C4. My C4 teacher is a legend..hauling my non-mathematical but quite mechanical (not in terms of mechanics, just processes kinda thing) to the top (we hope) :smile:
We started January and on Tuesday we begin Calculus II and after that we have Equations of Circles and we're done! Speaking of which, I have to start practicing for May/June! :redface:
Reply 13
Jfranny

also..... is anyone having problems with S1? I find it really complicated..... got that test in june too

Im doin it but im finding it really easy what exam board are you with, im with AQA
Reply 14
bjr16
Im doin it but im finding it really easy what exam board are you with, im with AQA

ya I'm doing AQA too and find it hard.... like way ahrder then core1/2 =C
We only have a little bit of trig (radians + a bit about the areas of sectors etc) and calculus left on C2.
It's not bad, I managed to self-teach it with quite some dedication in short-time.
Just have to revise it more thoroughly now along with M1.
we started mid Jan and are now on chapter 10

2/3 lessons a week on C2 and 2/3 lessons a week on M1

Im finding M1 Harder lols
Reply 18
Started C2 in Jan and finished end of Feb. 9 lessons a fortnight (Further Maths though)

Latest

Trending

Trending