The Student Room Group

English Creative Writing C/w Help! :D

Hello all,
Friday is the deadline for my English coursework
We had to do a piece of creative writing, a story! And then write a commentary on it. So basically analyse our writing.

Has anybody got any tips on how to write a really great commentary. So far I have done it, but it is marked very low! We basically have to say our inspirations, and why we used the effects in the story, if any!

Im with WJEC if thats any help! and its AS level c/w

Thnx
Reply 1
The following points are intended as pointers on how to construct a commentary to accompany your coursework. Remember that, like your coursework writing, this will be marked and will go towards your final grade. · You must refer to (quote) your own work as you are discussing it. · If your choices were influenced by personal experience, explain how. · You must include a bibliography at the end of each commentary. · Your writing should show how you have progressed from the first draft to the final (even if you only mention one draft briefly). · If you refer to texts that influenced you, put the name of the book in inverted commas. · Refer to authors by surnames, NOT their first names. · Check your word count and don’t go over it. But write enough to access the higher marks. · Consider grammar and lexis choices AT LEAST once. · Don’t make general points. The key to a good commentary is to be as precise and specific as possible. · Use technical language terms where possible. · Word process final copies.
Hope That helps.. i just gave mine in on wednesday, i also found the commentary very hard... i dont know how iv done but i hope its good lol.. well that really helped me.. hope it helps you2
Could you write it as a newspaper critic??

Latest

Trending

Trending