The Student Room Group

If your partner was in an accident and suffered horrific burns...

Poll

Would you still love them and would you have sex with them?

...and was disfigured as a result, could you love them and would you still have sex with them?

I'm interested in gender related opinions.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes - to Sex On Fire by Kings Of Leon.
Reply 2
If his genitals or face were badly damaged, I'd dump him. Otherwise I'd find it kind of hot.
Reply 3
Dr. Unk

Whyyyyy did I not see that coming? :rolleyes:
If it wasnt her face i could love and have sex with her. If it was her face i could love her just not have sex with her.
Reply 5
I'm sure, i really couldn't answer that unless it happened
Reply 6
TheCasual
I'm sure, i really couldn't answer that unless it happened

It shall be arranged.
Reply 7
Yeah.

For most of the people I've ever 'liked', burns would be a significant improvement. And I mean that in the most inoffensive and friendly way possible. Now, where's that blowtorch...
Reply 9
If it was something like Two-Face out of The Dark Knight, I'd get rid.
In all honesty, I imagine that I'd probably lose all attraction and stick with it for a few unenjoyable years out of loyalty rather than fondness.

I have no idea though.
Reply 11
Dr. Unk

Lol..you just stole my +ve rep for today!

In answer to the question. Yes of course. Ex asked me this once (along with the old favourites, "if I had brain damage and didn't have a clue who you were would you leave or would you stay with me?"). Told her of course I'd stay with her etc. (make new memories in the brain damaged scenario. So yeah, I vote yes definitely to love and most probably to sex :smile:
Reply 12
Dr. Unk

:rofl: hahaaha!
In answer to the thread, I dunno.
Yeah I could. Although looks are important in being attracted to your partner I would love them for who they are and were. Having burns doesn't change the person, so yes, I'd still be able to love and have sex with them. The scars would just become another part of them.
You guys should read 'Eagle in the sky' - Wilbur Smith.

Then answer this.
I can safely say I'd still love them but don't know about sex...wouldn't know unless I was in that position, which touch wood I won't ever be..

I'm not really 'qualified' enough to answer questions on sex anyway haha!
bighairedmike
If it wasnt her face i could love and have sex with her. If it was her face i could love her just not have sex with her.

or do it doggy??
Reply 18
Sure, I'd get a paperbag with Jessica Alba face on it and pound away in her gash.
Engelthal
...and was disfigured as a result, could you love them and would you still have sex with them?

I'm interested in gender related opinions.

Yes!! Real love is real love - unconditional. And especially not affected by aesthetics.

Reminds me of Shakespeare:

Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,

Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:

Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

Latest

Trending

Trending