The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
SomeNextPirate
So you just repeat everything people tell you?

Something which evidently untrue, and said just for impact no doubt.
Evidently?

I presume that 'evidence' is something you're going to tell us... :rofl:
Reply 61
SomeNextPirate
I find the insinuation that black people, and members of my family, are simple minded people who go through a phase of self pity.
You find the insinuation...
terpineol
I don't like to think I've known enough of them to comment.

Then please, don't.
Renal
Evidently?

I presume that 'evidence' is something you're going to tell us... :rofl:

You are supporting the statment "most" black people go through a phase of "my people were opressed" please.
Reply 64
I know someone that was in the same year as her, and says her grades were not good at all.. its was not down to racism..
SomeNextPirate
I find the insinuation that black people, and members of my family, are simple minded people who go through a phase of self pity.

How is it simple minded, as far as I can tell from discussion on the issue its all part of that hormonal everybody hates me teenage period.

What has it got to do with anything other than being obviously different in some way, and having a horrific hormone imbalance?

The fact that this can become problematic is another issue, but I fail to see how this identity crisis thing is suggestive of a monkey brain.
A quick google search for "GKT + Racism" came up with this blog:

http://brightreddress.blogspot.com/2009/02/kings-is-racist.html

Some of the comments left seem to be from other students in her cohort and offer some pretty interesting opinions which downplay some of the sensationalism from the Telegraph article!
SomeNextPirate

I think you misunderstood what was said...

It doesn't matter what your skin colour is. If you're growing up amongst people who are somehow different, you are likely to have a tough time. For instance, if you're from say poland and aged eleven you start to board at some extremely conservative independent school, you're likely to be bullied. For having an accent, for wearing different clothes, for having different ideas about personal space and so on and so forth. You might feel antagonistic and begin to make sweeping generalisations, such as 'all british people are narrow minded a-holes" As soon as you meet someone similar to you, like a ukranian person who went through something similar, you're likely to team up with them and feel oppressed together.

However as you grow older and meet different people, you begin to realise that not everyone is the same, and that the problem isn't you and it's not so much them either. By that time you would have adjusted sufficiently and attract much less negative attention.. as people around you mature and treat you better.
Reply 68
SomeNextPirate
You are supporting the statment "most" black people go through a phase of "my people were opressed" please.
Read my post, it's not difficult - there aren't many big words, and tell me what I said that makes you think I'm supporting any statement. Quite clearly I'm making fun of you and your ridiculous post. :rolleyes:
terpineol
How is it simple minded, as far as I can tell from discussion on the issue its all part of that hormonal everybody hates me teenage period.

What has it got to do with anything other than being obviously different in some way, and having a horrific hormone imbalance?

The fact that this can become problematic is another issue, but I fail to see how this identity crisis thing is suggestive of a monkey brain.

When you refer to 'most' it implies that pretty much all of the people you are refering to will go through it, independant of their personality (or anything else for that matter).

What else could we say? All white people go through that "immigrants go home"/"whites are the master race" phase? No. If the shoe was on the other foot it would be completly unacceptable.
Renal
You find the insinuation...

lol
Reply 71
junglemonkey
I'd put my bank balance on this not being true :smile:

how much is that :tongue:

if she was in america she could've sued for more. I feel sorry for her and she's pretty too.
Renal
Read my post, it's not difficult - there aren't many big words, and tell me what I said that makes you think I'm supporting any statement. Quite clearly I'm making fun of you and your ridiculous post. :rolleyes:

By stating evidence needs to be provided for such a stupid statement (and frankly by self admission...he said he had only ever met 4 black people in his life...) you are clearly supporting his statment by trying to discredit mine.
SomeNextPirate
When you refer to 'most' it implies that pretty much all of the people you are refering to will go through it, independant of their personality (or anything else for that matter).

What else could we say? All white people go through that "immigrants go home"/"whites are the master race" phase? No. If the shoe was on the other foot it would be completly unacceptable.

Hardly, kids go through a self loathing phase where the world is out to get them. If you are black the natural thing is you view everything as racist as a result.
terpineol
Hardly, kids go through a self loathing phase where the world is out to get them. If you are black the natural thing is you view everything as racist as a result.

Based on what exactly?

Just no.
SomeNextPirate
Based on what exactly?

Just no.

So do you think people are being racist towars you right now?
Reply 76
SomeNextPirate
By stating evidence needs to be provided for such a stupid statement (and frankly by self admission...he said he had only ever met 4 black people in his life...) you are clearly supporting his statment by trying to discredit mine.
You discredit yourself, I'm just helping.

I don't care what you say, anyway, nobody knows what your point is since whatever translation program your using doesn't seem to be working very well.
SomeNextPirate
Based on what exactly?

Just no.

To recap

Teenage years, hormones go crazy.

Most kids end up in a cyclic depressive state for a while where they view the world as out to put them down in one way or another.

Historically us white folk have been out to put the black folk down in every way possible.

Hence its perfectly logical for a black kid in the hormonal phase to see the white establishment as out to get them.

They grow out of it when the hormones calm down and they have a less tinted view on the world.
forsaken_earth
So do you think people are being racist towars you right now?

No, why would they be racist against me? We are talking about Black people.

I never said the statement was racist. I found it ignorant and offensive, but wouldn't have classed it as racist.
terpineol
To recap

Teenage years, hormones go crazy.

Most kids end up in a cyclic depressive state for a while where they view the world as out to put them down in one way or another.

Historically us white folk have been out to put the black folk down in every way possible.

Hence its perfectly logical for a black kid in the hormonal phase to see the white establishment as out to get them.

They grow out of it when the hormones calm down and they have a less tinted view on the world.

A logical conclusion not supported in anyway to claim "most" black people act in such a way.

Latest

Trending

Trending