The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

SomeNextPirate
No, why would they be racist against me? We are talking about Black people.

I never said the statement was racist. I found it ignorant and offensive, but wouldn't have classed it as racist.

Sorry about that, I didn't mean it in an offensive way, I know we don't agree on the issue, but it wasn't meant in a personal attack sort of way.
Renal
You discredit yourself, I'm just helping.

I don't care what you say, anyway, nobody knows what your point is since whatever translation program your using doesn't seem to be working very well.

Not really.
SomeNextPirate
A logical conclusion not supported in anyway to claim "most" black people act in such a way.

Most people are teenagers at some point.

Most people as such with go through the hormones all over the place stage.

It follows logically that most will experience something of the kind.
I actually love you Renal :P
terpineol
Most people are teenagers at some point.

Most people as such with go through the hormones all over the place stage.

It follows logically that most will experience something of the kind.

Experiencing something is different form what was originally said though.
Reply 85
SomeNextPirate
Not really.
We're you trying to 'come back' with a well thought out reply that was appropriate to the conversation there?

Try harder.
terpineol
Sorry about that, I didn't mean it in an offensive way, I know we don't agree on the issue, but it wasn't meant in a personal attack sort of way.

Oh I didn't take it as a personal attack :redface:
Renal
We're you trying to 'come back' with a well thought out reply that was appropriate to the conversation there?

Try harder.

Try harder at what?
LOL student with a pro-bono mall lawyer Vs Huge institution with a huge bank account. Yeah, because she has a chance.
Reply 89
SomeNextPirate
Try harder at what?
You could think about what you want to say.
You could use words that you know the meaning of.
You could try to put the words in the right order.
Renal
You could think about what you want to say.
You could use words that you know the meaning of.
You could try to put the words in the right order.

But why?
SomeNextPirate
Experiencing something is different form what was originally said though.

I guess, perhaps I should have expanded on it more initially.

Though how does the hormonal aspect change the end result that the phase becomes problematic in some cases?

Its rather like the odd kid going off and finding release through vandalism, going through a 'everything is racist' phase is social vandalism.
Reply 92
Lord_Farquad
LOL student with a pro-bono mall lawyer Vs Huge institution with a huge bank account. Yeah, because she has a chance.
If her mother's a lawyer - what's she doing on that course anyway?
Renal

What?
Reply 94
SomeNextPirate
But why?
It will help you sounds less like a cretin.
Reply 95
interesting, interesting case

I don't think she's going to anything out of it. However, her stories are nothing like ive ever heard in the NHS! Certainly doesn't happen at my medical school. I think the badge thing is a bit ridiculous.

I also agree with Ataloss that she should be sitting the exam after the court case.
SomeNextPirate
Oh I didn't take it as a personal attack :redface:

Thats cool then, its good to debate these things, but don't ever think that because I think that the racial mix of our society, and the history of inter-racial relations is such that black kids go through this silly stage, that I therefore think you are all bannana eating apes.

We have morons in every race, you probably think I'm one.

I think if historically things had been the other way round, thing would be exactly the same now but in negative so to speak.
terpineol
I guess, perhaps I should have expanded on it more initially.

Though how does the hormonal aspect change the end result that the phase becomes problematic in some cases?

Its rather like the odd kid going off and finding release through vandalism, going through a 'everything is racist' phase is social vandalism.

Yes but as I said, my problem was with "most". Obviously there is going to be the "odd" person or even some, but saying most black people isn't really an acceptable thing to say - especially without any kind of significant proof.
Renal

That is a bloody good point.

Perhaps then should she win the case they can tell her to jog on, on the basis of a big lie on the UCAS form.
Renal
It will help you sounds less like a cretin.

What does cretin mean?

Latest

Trending

Trending