Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Lord_Farquad
What?
Her mother's allegedly a lawyer.
Reply 101
SomeNextPirate
What does cretin mean?

Hypothyroidism in late fetal or early post-natal life leading to a lack of CNS developement.
Vazzyb
Hypothyroidism in late fetal or early post-natal life leading to a lack of CNS developement.

Sucks to be me then I guess!:woo:
lol at this, this has got to be utter ********. I'm pretty sure she's not the only black med student there so how come we haven't seen hundreds of these cases -.-
This is like the time when the father of Rhys Gray (an acquaintance of mine) sued his school. And lost. http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2005/sep/24/publicschools.schools
terpineol
Thats cool then, its good to debate these things, but don't ever think that because I think that the racial mix of our society, and the history of inter-racial relations is such that black kids go through this silly stage, that I therefore think you are all bannana eating apes.

We have morons in every race, you probably think I'm one.

I think if historically things had been the other way round, thing would be exactly the same now but in negative so to speak.

Perhaps. But I really see no evidence of this "most" which is my point. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen.
Renal

Still, unlikely she's any where near as good as what KCL can afford.
SomeNextPirate
Yes but as I said, my problem was with "most". Obviously there is going to be the "odd" person or even some, but saying most black people isn't really an acceptable thing to say - especially without any kind of significant proof.

Fair call.

It would be interesting to do a study on peoples perceptions of racism in society against age.

Anecdotally it is a majority thing from the people I have spoken to on the issue. The absence of black people everywhere I've ended up has made this impossible to discuss with more people in person.

We need black people everywhere rather than in these sort of hives for want of a better word. (they do seem to congregate in large communities in big cities, or at least I assume they do as one doesn't seem to see them elsewhere)
Renal

Also if her mother is a lawyer how exactly is she disadvantaged?
Reply 109
Lord_Farquad
Still, unlikely she's any where near as good as what KCL can afford.
That's not the point, she's on an extremely competitive course for the underprivilaged. Having a parent that's gone to university and a lawyer would, in my mind count very much against her...
terpineol
Fair call.

It would be interesting to do a study on peoples perceptions of racism in society against age.

Anecdotally it is a majority thing from the people I have spoken to on the issue. The absence of black people everywhere I've ended up has made this impossible to discuss with more people in person.

We need black people everywhere rather than in these sort of hives for want of a better word. (they do seem to congregate in large communities in big cities, or at least I assume they do as one doesn't seem to see them elsewhere)

Again, I would have to contest your last point. Black people are probably one of the most integrated of ethnic minorities.

In London at least (used as an example because it is the UK city i have spent the most time in and, I assume, where there is the highest concentration of Black people) I always see white and black people mixing. Many mixed race people. Again yes there are exceptions where there are huge groups. But even so I often see the odd white/asian person in these big groups.
Renal
That's not the point, she's on an extremely competitive course for the underprivilaged. Having a parent that's gone to university and a lawyer would, in my mind count very much against her...

Don't worry, it's all BS and hopefully a judge will see right through her crap. Although she'll probably end up with some toss pot judge.
Reply 112
Interesting case!

There is no way she should be allowed to sit her finals with this hanging over the whole thing
SomeNextPirate
Again, I would have to contest your last point. Black people are probably one of the most integrated of ethnic minorities.

In London at least (used as an example because it is the UK city i have spent the most time in and, I assume, where there is the highest concentration of Black people) I always see white and black people mixing. Many mixed race people. Again yes there are exceptions where there are huge groups. But even so I often see the odd white/asian person in these big groups.

Fair doos, where I grew up (town of about 45,000) the only non white people ran a newsagent by the train station, and a couple of kebab shops.

Here there must be less than 30 black people in the whole uni.

Different areas I guess.
Reply 114
i don't believe her story the slightest.

she looks like a whiny little girl who use race card to make excuse.

unless she provides concrete evidence about "institutional racism", i think KCL should just expel her.

Latest

Trending

Trending