The Student Room Group

GCSE Stress!

Is anyone else beginning to freak out? The exams start in May and I’ve got so much to do, not to mention course work and GCSE drama (which is quite early) Bla, and now the Easter holiday has gone and all i've done is physics :rolleyes: I'm starting to wish I’d done more revision for the mocks :frown: Argh!! Panic, panic, panic.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You could start now, there's still plenty of time. It's the start of April. Most people would start studying now when they have exams in May.
If I remember correctly, most GCSE exams, excluding orals and practicals, aren't until the very end of May and most are in June. That gives you plenty of time to get everything done, if you revise for a couple of hours a day and maybe a bit longer at weekends, between now and the exams. Remember that you'll also be doing revision and past papers in class.
Reply 3
As for the coursework, I remember the deadlines are quite soon (sometime in early May). I'm sure you'll get them done by then. In addition, you have plenty of time (easter and a few more weeks in april).
Reply 4
I haven't done much at all. A couple of maths past papers...
It'll hit me more when I go back to school and realise that everyone else has revised and I'm going to fail.
Reply 5
I have revised quite a lot over Easter, but am quite worried that my first exam* is in 52 days, which is 7 weeks!

*First written exam, I have the terminal task for Music, sometime. But we haven't been told, because our teacher is quite unorganised, and my French oral is between 9-20th May.
Reply 6
NickiM
I have revised quite a lot over Easter, but am quite worried that my first exam* is in 52 days, which is 7 weeks!

*First written exam, I have the terminal task for Music, sometime. But we haven't been told, because our teacher is quite unorganised, and my French oral is between 9-20th May.

I know what you mean. I feel a bit out of touch with exams - my last ones were before Christmas (mocks). Not many of my teachers have given me past paper questions yet so I'm at a bit of a loss! I'm just concentrating on preparing for my language orals really and learning the facts. I'm going to try and work out how to utilise them properly when my teachers get their acts together! *g*
Reply 7
I'm kinda in the same position as you. The only revision i did was 4 mi mocks. But you shouldn't panic. Theres still time. Stop worrying and get a move on. You've gotta starts as soon as you can. What i've been doing is i started at about 10 in the morning (i usually get up at tht time lol :biggrin: ) and then started revising all the Physics i did in year 9. Tommorow i'll do year 10 physics, and the next day i'll do year 11. And that way you can get a whole subject done in a few days.

Just start trying that with your weakest subjects, and remeber to write down the notes. Always helps :smile: .
Reply 8
Lottie
I know what you mean. I feel a bit out of touch with exams - my last ones were before Christmas (mocks). Not many of my teachers have given me past paper questions yet so I'm at a bit of a loss! I'm just concentrating on preparing for my language orals really and learning the facts. I'm going to try and work out how to utilise them properly when my teachers get their acts together! *g*

Yes, the teachers tell us revise but as yet haven't helped us, or given us past papers or told us how to revise.
Reply 9
We've had lots of past papers, not that I actually make use of them...
(except maths where we HAVE TO do them)
Reply 10
We have had past papers for science, loads of questions for maths, acres of notes for english lit etc. My teachers have handed out notes, papers etc left right and center. Now all we need to do is revise! I'm still worried about the exams though....
Reply 11
I am always going to be worried about them :-\
Reply 12
Ahh, you'll do fine. You just need to think you will do well, and then you will!
Reply 13
Yes, I need someone to make me more optimistic!!! I am sure you will do really well also :biggrin:
Reply 14
Thanks! If I don't think happy thoughts about these exams, I really am going to go nuts.
Reply 15
Yep, maybe I should as well as stick revision post its everywhere, stick motivational and happy quotes!
Reply 16
That's a really good idea! I should do that too. There are already loads of formulae stuck up round the house, now there will be more bits of paper stuck round the house.
Reply 17
Lol yep, I have diagrams, post its, everything you could imagine round the house. I am off to find some good quotes :biggrin:
Reply 18
My bro is getting a bit pissed off about all the paper, but he'll be doing it next year...
Reply 19
Hehe! I can't find any good quotes, I can only think of things like 'YOU CAN DO IT'. Well at the moment my paper is just in my room, but I really should put some on the fridge (I go there a lot). My brother is taking 3 GCSEs a year early, but 2 of them I don't do, so hopefully he can put up with all the post its etc!

Latest