The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

my school is being overrun with little chavs, they are all very young but all taller than me (not hard really. im 5.1) the other day i was walking along minding my own business and one says to me ' what the f*** are u doing here' keeping n mind i was only walking along and had never spoken or even seen this person ever before. strange. anyway i kinda just kept walking, despite me being a sixth former and him being 12.. im a bit of a wimp.
Sine
Yep, when I lived in this wierd area....they were proper chavs...they like climbed on top of bulidings and showed us their arses like wtf
:rofl:
Reply 82
I live on the biggest council estate in Europe so there are plently of chavs around but funny enough never4 had any problems with them but it does help when your over 6ft and have a beard lol
To the guys who are defending them, you do know chav stands for "Council housed and VIOLENT" don't you? How can they be "nice at heart"?
Reply 84
ive had a few fights with chavs at different points, and i am very close friends with some... just like ive had a few fights with posh boys, and am good friends with some. stereotypes don't really work, get out into the real world
Reply 85
I've not had much problems with chavs, i tend to get along quite well with them!
Reply 86
Walking through my village, about five 12 year old chavs (I'm 17 and 5'8, they came up to my chest)

Them: "Give us your phone" (translate to chav language"
Me: "No"
T: "Give us it"
Me: "No"

And walk around them and carry on my way.

Yeah, that's my only real run in really.
wow getting beaten up by a chav is ****, man up guys..

been in situations but not a fight.
Reply 88
Cj-Tj
Yes, Ive found 90% of them to be good at heart. Ive worked with them for years and once they accept you as not looking down on them, and can see that you work just as hard, if not harder than they do they are fine. Will do a good days work for a good days pay. Misconceptions and generalisations are on the whole wrong once you know them as people rather than just "chavs"

I find this to be ******** tbh. "Chav" is essentially a derogatory term - I'd only brand someone a chav if they are clearly being a dick (and I've seen plenty of such incidents). It's not good enough saying some are "good at heart" - if their actions show otherwise then I don't care. If they treat you well because they know you then that's great, but you can't deny that there are a lot of these chavs who give **** to people, unprovoked.
Reply 89
Sine
Loool, im not saying that it happened because it was an all white area ...i'm just saying that's where it happened....anyways, i guess there was no need to mention the fact that it was an all white area...i'll edit it... i really didn't mean anything by it...just giving background info.

It's ok I didn't think you meant it racially... just read it that way on first glance. Thanks :smile:
Reply 90
farhan
:rofl:

I am not joking :indiff: :lolwut:

There was like 4 of them.
Reply 91
The most serious was when one knocked out one of our very drunk friends (they started the conflict) and left. I called the police immediately and they were caught fortunately.
Reply 92
The most memorable incident I had was when me, my younger bro, his friend and an old school mate of mine planned to play football.
My bros friend was carrying the ball and was approached by a group of chavy kids (supposedly the local tough guys) who used to pick on him at school. They stole the football from him and ran off with it. At the time however they didn't anticipate my old school mate turning up who happens to be 6ft8 and very well built. He's gentle giant really and wouldn't harm a fly but often comes across as being quite scary and a bit mad. We explained the situation to him and he was pretty disappointed about not being able to play football. He then simply said 'give me a minute guys I'll sort this out!' and ran in the field charging towards them and demanding they give the ball back. We stood behind him and watched as about 75% of them legged it instantly, the guy with the ball kicked it straight to him and the rest slowly walked off.
We would have been easily out numbered if it went wrong (10-15 of them 4 of us) but they were all cowards and only picked on my brothers friend because they thought they could get away with it. We couldn't believe it afterwards, don't think my bros friend has had any trouble since and we still laugh about it now.
Reply 93
Instincts_2012
Did you take out your death- note or something? :tongue:

I watched that last week, excellent!
I'm 6'1", and not exactly small built.

While not huge, considering most chavs are about 15 years old, 5'0", as skinny as hell, and don't like to be made a fool of, none of the arrogant arses set a foot near me.
Been in a 10v1 fight with them when I was nearly 16... been threatened many times.
been punched quite a few times playing chav spotting lol,
but then it was my own fault so not too bothered.
Reply 97
i'm 6,4 190 pounds so no chav would try it on with me
Reply 98
neeevie
some people can dress a bit chavvy or do the stereotypical chavvy things, like loud music and stuff but still be lovely people. i think there should be a marked difference between people who look like the stereotype and are nice and the actual louty people who are antisocial and break laws... there the only people we have the right to look down on.

This. :rolleyes:
I'm American, so I've never had a face-to-face encounter with a chav. However, if it's relevant to the thread, I do wind up having problems with them on Youtube. I have a video that tends to invite a lot of aggression from chavs, anything from general insults to death threats. And I'm talking hundreds of them.

So I'm no fan of them. Can't wait to spend my 09-10 school year around them next year! Although luckily I hear there aren't many in Reading (verification would be nice though)

Latest

Trending

Trending