The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Well whoever told you not to enter finance may have given you a very naive opinion, once finance picks up (which should be soon as we are more or less at the very bottom) there will be alot of opportunities again, so think carefully...also your question is rather subjective and makes no sense, no one can tell you what course to do, you do a course you enjoy.....

if you have the depth to have completed an MBA i really dont think you should need to ask ppl what course or industry to enter into...there is no specific course that can give you good job opportunities, it depends on your whole package i.e. education, experience, interpersonal skills etc.....your Q is equivalent to asking ppl: how long is a piece of string??????
frankly, i think wanting to do another masters for the sole purpose to "have good job opportunities" isn't really the best of reasons given the course expenses & assuming you are doing the masters full time. also, there are people from all sorts of disciplines who can go on to do an MBA with a first degree & about 5yrs or so of work experience. so asking for advise on what subject to go from here is way too vague to answer, as evo_edd has mentioned.
Reply 3
Yes both of you are right it makes no sense to ask this question.
I am quite interested in 3 things: Retail management, Telemarketing or Health Management.
Reply 4
evo_edd
Well whoever told you not to enter finance may have given you a very naive opinion, once finance picks up (which should be soon as we are more or less at the very bottom) there will be alot of opportunities again,

things are consistently getting worse, we are not even at the begining of the end. There are still massive writedowns in the banking sector to come (eg western european banks exposure to eastern europe - remember how those E european housing markets shot up, guess what they are doing now, and this was all lent by German banks)...

technology is looking good (relatively) at the moment, but the only sector which is really expanding is the public sector...

Latest

Trending

Trending