The Student Room Group

Cerazette and getting bad headaches

Hiya I was put on the Cerazette pill because of my family history of migraines.

But since Ive been Cerazette, for the past month Ive been getting sevre headaches and sometimes moving is extremly painfull.

Should I go back to the doctors or do you think I should give it a little while longer as it's only been about 3 weeks Ive been on it.

Many Thanks for your help! :smile:
Definately go to the doctors.
If you read the box and leaflet inside it will inform you to contact your doctor if any unsual syptoms arise or previous symptoms worsen.

Even if it's nothing, you should definately check just for peace of mind if nothing else.
Reply 2
Thankyou, I will go! x)
**CutiePie**
Thankyou, I will go! x)

No worries, hope it goes ok :smile: x
Reply 4
I'm on Cerrazette too and I've been getting headaches, it said in the leaflet the doctor gave me it is one of the side effects and after a few months it should stop.
Reply 5
tiffintiger
I'm on Cerrazette too and I've been getting headaches, it said in the leaflet the doctor gave me it is one of the side effects and after a few months it should stop.

Oh right, thankyou. :smile:
Heya, sorry to hear it's not really working for you =/ I'm still completely messed up but bleh. I'd go to the doctors and jsut ask their opinion. If theyre so bad you cant move, they'll probably change the pill you're on...there are other PoP pills I think, but they might tell you jut wait a while and see if they settle. Can't hurt to go =]
Reply 7
fredscarecrow
Heya, sorry to hear it's not really working for you =/ I'm still completely messed up but bleh. I'd go to the doctors and jsut ask their opinion. If theyre so bad you cant move, they'll probably change the pill you're on...there are other PoP pills I think, but they might tell you jut wait a while and see if they settle. Can't hurt to go =]

Hey, thanks. They've settled down a bit, although my periods are messed up now. I have the stomach ache to go with a period (something he promised me would stop hurting so bad) and yet I haven't had one. When I first went on the pill I was obviously on my period..then had another 2 weeks after..now nothing. Grr, it's supposed to make things easier not messed up.

Sorry to hear things are still 'blehh' for you! :hugs:
You might stop having periods altogether..a lot do. I was told I probably would but mine are going increasingly the other way...no periods, then period every two weeks, now an almost constant one >.< A little while longer and i'll be going back. I went about it before but she just gave me more of the Cerazette and told me to wait it out, see if it changed :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Oh no! I want one, i'll worry otherwise!

:frown: Sorry to hear about how yours are, sounds horrible!
Reply 10
**CutiePie**
Hiya I was put on the Cerazette pill because of my family history of migraines.

But since Ive been Cerazette, for the past month Ive been getting sevre headaches and sometimes moving is extremly painfull.

Should I go back to the doctors or do you think I should give it a little while longer as it's only been about 3 weeks Ive been on it.

Many Thanks for your help! :smile:

Hey, i've been on cerazette for just over 4 years now. I was put on it because of severe migraines and heavy irregular periods that were leaving me anaemic each time one bothered to occur!

You will get severe headaches for the first few months im afraid, i recall times when i was lying in bed screaming because the migraines were that bad and moving was so painful. But it does clear up, it wont stop your migraines completely - i still get the odd one every few weeks but they wont be as bad as they were before, in that you can still carry on with everyday routine and a few painkillers will sort them out pronto.
Your periods will also lighten considerably if not stop altogether but it will take a while for that and any regular pattern to occur (around 6mths). My periods stopped altogether within 2 months of taking cerazette but as i said earlier mine were irregular to begin with, however for about a year after they stopped i would still get period pains around the time when i would have been expecting a period.
I understand why you wouldn't want your periods to stop since you'd have no way of telling that you were possibly pregnant, but if they do stop chances are you wont be able to get pregnant anyway until you come off the pill since your body will have stopped releasing eggs anyway. My doctor told me that even if i forgot to take cerazette for a couple of days and went on a nympho rampage i wouldn't get pregnant since the effects of cerazette last at least a week beyond the last pill.

Anyway hope that helps, if you have any more questions feel free to pm/ask/whatever ^_^
Reply 11
aimzdy
Hey, i've been on cerazette for just over 4 years now. I was put on it because of severe migraines and heavy irregular periods that were leaving me anaemic each time one bothered to occur!

You will get severe headaches for the first few months im afraid, i recall times when i was lying in bed screaming because the migraines were that bad and moving was so painful. But it does clear up, it wont stop your migraines completely - i still get the odd one every few weeks but they wont be as bad as they were before, in that you can still carry on with everyday routine and a few painkillers will sort them out pronto.
Your periods will also lighten considerably if not stop altogether but it will take a while for that and any regular pattern to occur (around 6mths). My periods stopped altogether within 2 months of taking cerazette but as i said earlier mine were irregular to begin with, however for about a year after they stopped i would still get period pains around the time when i would have been expecting a period.
I understand why you wouldn't want your periods to stop since you'd have no way of telling that you were possibly pregnant, but if they do stop chances are you wont be able to get pregnant anyway until you come off the pill since your body will have stopped releasing eggs anyway. My doctor told me that even if i forgot to take cerazette for a couple of days and went on a nympho rampage i wouldn't get pregnant since the effects of cerazette last at least a week beyond the last pill.

Anyway hope that helps, if you have any more questions feel free to pm/ask/whatever ^_^

Hey, thankyou, that has been really helpfull :smile: That's actually told me more than my own doctor told me, who didn't take the time to bother to explain things like the above to me. Which is why I was reluctant to go back to him to ask about headaches etc.
Thankyou very much for helping me, I can stop worrying now about the possibility of getting pregnant, and.worrying about the fact that I am not getting periods etc. The headaches were worrying me as the doctor said if I got any really bad ones go back to him straight away, and at some point I couldn't move because it hurt that much. You're right though, they have died down a little now, and I have been getting bad period pains..but nothing.

Thankyou very much :smile: It has helped ALOT!
I was on cerazette for a while but it wasn't working for me. So i went back to the docs and asked if i could change and added in that i had a history of migraines and they put me onto Mercilon which you are advised against if you have had migraines :s-smilie: but he just told me that i should just be aware of the risks and if anything kicks off to go straight back. Iguess it depends on the severity of the migraine though...
Reply 13
I HATE Cerazette.
Reply 14
Surprise
I HATE Cerazette.

Wow, well done for justifying your reasons.
CutiePie - your doctors comments about Cerazette being effective after a week are wrong and quite worrying. The mini pill has the shortest half life of all the pills. Cerazette's efficiacy stops after 12 hours, which is why it is very important to take them at the right time. Cerazette has the longest effective period of the mini pills but still you only have a 12 hour window to take your pill. The combined pill however is more effective and usually takes around a month after cesation for normal fertility to return.

Quick Reply

Latest