The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

davinia341
Just wanted to know peoples opinions on which med school is the 'best'. I really liked it at leicester (stil waiting to see if I have an offer though), but my form tutor keeps telling me that i should go sheffield. As it has a better reputation.

Sheffield or Leicester??

I don't know about reputation. I think Sheff is quite good. I didn't like Leics much so I'd pick Sheff, it's v personal though!
I've applied to both unis as well. When i went for a visit I personally felt that I could live in Sheffield for 5+ years while I don't see myself in Leicester. It's just this odd feeling you get. I don't think you should be looking at reputation. I've heard that Sheffield and Leicester are pretty equal - both have excellent teaching. I think it'll come down to seeing yourself live there for 5+ years. A big factor that came into my decision was the student union and the sports. Sheffield is known to have a lot of sports so that's what really helped me decide. Good luck with choosing your uni! I'm sure you won't regret it in the end.
magichearts
I personally felt that I could live in Sheffield for 5+ years while I don't see myself in Leicester. It's just this odd feeling you get. I don't think you should be looking at reputation.

Bang on.
magichearts
I've applied to both unis as well. When i went for a visit I personally felt that I could live in Sheffield for 5+ years while I don't see myself in Leicester. It's just this odd feeling you get.

I know the feeling, I got it here, I most definitely did not get it in Leeds for instance.
Reply 24
terpineol
I know the feeling, I got it here, I most definitely did not get it in Leeds for instance.

Aww lets not start talking bowt leeds...thats ma home city lol even though i wana get out its til my home city haha.

But yeah just guna go on ma gut instinct it wud help to know whether or not ive gotten a place wud mek the decision a hell of a lot easier

Latest

Trending

Trending