The Student Room Group
Reply 1
The Nightingale
I really need someone to authenticate my English language/Literature coursework, as I'm a private candidate. I have an exam centre; would these be able to do it for me? Also, would they have the form necessary to do this?

If not, who else do I find? Please help. I need to know this urgently. :frown:

Answers appreciated.

Have you actually looked on the exam board's website? Or used Google?
Yes, I have done, but it's pretty vague.

So I wondered whether anyone on here would know and could tell me more directly. I'm rather worried aout this -- I'm going to contact my exam centre, but it's important that I find out soon.
A private tutor I imagine? Although I'd deffo check it out :smile:
Ask your centre first... they may find it hard to authenticate your coursework if they've not been involved in teaching you in any way as for all they know you could have just bought your coursework online :wink:
Authenticate? :confused:
TheMeister
Authenticate? :confused:

It just means your teacher / private tutor signs a form to say that the coursework is your own work and was completed without assistance.
Reply 7
Your in luck because my sister is home schooled so i know a bit about this.

Firstly coursework deadline have passed for this years courses, both GCSE and A-level, i think it was some time in February. This means no matter what you do your coursework will not count towards your grade if you take the exams this year.

Now my sister is doing gcse's and the coursework is worth quite alot so if your doing the same it won't really look good. Sorry. You could switch to IGCSE which is practically the same thing but 100% exam. Not sure if there is an a level equivalent though.

Also late exam entry deadlines are some time this month as well (might have already passed L) I think these are final so best to contact somewhere asap if you have not registered yet.

Now ordinarily for English coursework you have to have it authenticated by an AQA registered centre not just a tutor (edexcel don’t do English for private candidates), so I’m assuming your doing AQA . National extension college are really good. They do the whole thing for you by post, a bit pricey though; £300 per course. You can’t enter the 2009 course this late though. Best hope 2010.

Heres how they work;

1. You register for the course and they will authenticate cw and give you loads of revision material.
2. Once they mark your coursework they fill out the required form and send it to you.
3. You then take the form along with your marked coursework to the exam centre (place you will sit your exam) and they will send it off to the Exam board.
4. Then just take the exam and that’s it.

Worth checking out exam board website.

Hope this has helped. Good Luck. J
Reply 8
warfay
Your in luck because my sister is home schooled so i know a bit about this.

Firstly coursework deadline have passed for this years courses, both GCSE and A-level, i think it was some time in February. This means no matter what you do your coursework will not count towards your grade if you take the exams this year.

Now my sister is doing gcse's and the coursework is worth quite alot so if your doing the same it won't really look good. Sorry. You could switch to IGCSE which is practically the same thing but 100% exam. Not sure if there is an a level equivalent though.

Also late exam entry deadlines are some time this month as well (might have already passed L) I think these are final so best to contact somewhere asap if you have not registered yet.

Now ordinarily for English coursework you have to have it authenticated by an AQA registered centre not just a tutor (edexcel don’t do English for private candidates), so I’m assuming your doing AQA . National extension college are really good. They do the whole thing for you by post, a bit pricey though; £300 per course. You can’t enter the 2009 course this late though. Best hope 2010.

Heres how they work;

1. You register for the course and they will authenticate cw and give you loads of revision material.
2. Once they mark your coursework they fill out the required form and send it to you.
3. You then take the form along with your marked coursework to the exam centre (place you will sit your exam) and they will send it off to the Exam board.
4. Then just take the exam and that’s it.

Worth checking out exam board website.

Hope this has helped. Good Luck. J

The coursework deadline has not passed; I do not have to hand in my A2 AQA English Literature coursework until April 3.
Reply 9
Eveything i've stated is only from knowledge of my sister sitting gcse exams this year as a private candidate. The a-level stuff is just an assumption don't know exact dates, but GCSE deadlines i know for definate where in Febuary. I know this because my sis nearly missed it.
The Nightingale
I really need someone to authenticate my English language/Literature coursework, as I'm a private candidate. I have an exam centre; would these be able to do it for me? Also, would they have the form necessary to do this?

If not, who else do I find? Please help. I need to know this urgently. :frown:

Answers appreciated.

Are you doing AQA?
Firstly you should ask your centre if they authenticate coursework. Some do and some dont.

Are you a candidate without a tutor, completely self studying? If so, and your centre wont authenticate it, then try and find an old teacher who'll do it? or a teacher at a local school?
The deadline for GCSE exam and coursework entries was February. But they do have late entries, but it will cost you.

you can find the forms on the AQA website, but your centre should have already gave them to you.

Latest