The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
cause black ppl are fick?

*i like your rep*
I don't know how or why, but the only two people from my sixth form who got into Oxford were the two richest applicants out of the six.

Though it's probably unrelated - I've got to hand it to both of them, they worked RIDICULOUSLY hard.
Black people are too cool for school. :cool:
Again? :yawn:
Reply 5
No, there is no vast advantage in being rich, other than that you might be more likely to go to a public school and perhaps be more geared towards it, although again it is highly disputable whether or not that makes a huge difference.

And the black thing is utter rubbish.
You don't have to be rich, but it does seem that rich parents value education more and pass it on to their children at an early age.
No but you have to be able to construct a sentence properly.

:eyeball:
Reply 8
spursj911
cause black ppl are fick?

*i like your rep*

thats so racist! there are many smart black people and will prove you wrong one day!

*repppin it for all ethnics worldwide*
Reply 9
tiana
thats so racist! there are many smart black people and will prove you wrong one day!

*repppin it for all ethnics worldwide*

Someone's clearly missed the sarcasm
Reply 10
yes. rich people can afford better education.
Reply 11
Money can bend and break any rules, so of course; yes money will probably get you in to Oxford. A better question is if you would really want that? That you have entered such a prestigious university, not by merit, but by money.

As for the statement that there are not many black people, I cannot answer that question since I really have no idea why. Or are you trying to claim that Oxford is racist?
I don't know what to make of this thread. I'm black, I'm FaAaAR from rich and I got in.

Perhaps, there were very few black students because there were very few black applicants. Or the black people who chose to apply didn't make the grade. It could be for all sorts of reasons.

I don't think wealth has any thing to do with it.
Reply 13
Chike_Obi_soulman
I don't know what to make of this thread. I'm black, I'm FaAaAR from rich and I got in.

Perhaps, there were very few black students because there were very few black applicants. Or the black people who chose to apply didn't make the grade. It could be for all sorts of reasons.

I don't think wealth has any thing to do with it.

Congratulations! You basically proved this thread wrong :P

But seriously, money can get you anywhere.
Reply 14
Saiming
Money can bend and break any rules, so of course; yes money will probably get you in to Oxford. A better question is if you would really want that? That you have entered such a prestigious university, not by merit, but by money.

Do you seriously believe that? That rich kids can just buy their way in to one of the top Universities in the world?
common_person
No but you have to be able to construct a sentence properly.

:eyeball:

Relli?
Reply 16
Is it just me or has everybody seen the word rich and taken it to mean white?
Statiscally I have no doubt that you are more likely to go to oxford university if you are rich.

However correlation causation and all that.
Reply 18
Chris#1
Do you seriously believe that? That rich kids can just buy their way in to one of the top Universities in the world?

I do not believe, I know. Sorry to break it to you.
Turdburger
Relli?

fo realz :yes:

Latest

Trending

Trending