The Student Room Group

My Situation

Hi,

Here is my current situation, I completed my secondary education and only acheived 4 A-C's, however they include English with a CC and Maths with a B. I also have one science out of 3. In total 4 GCSE's

I then underwent a 5 month course where i acheived the following:

- Advanced Diploma for IT Practitioners (City and Guilds Lvl3)
- NVQ Level 3 in I.T.
- Key Skills - Application of numbers lvl 2
- CompTIA A+
- MCP, MCDST

Now, I plan to go back to college and do a BTEC National Diploma for IT Practitioners, although i have to wait till september meaning im 17 (iv chosen to do some part time work and have volunteered at cancer research uk for some experience)

Im quite hopeful the college will accept me based on my qualifications, however i was wondering if i should combine the btec i wish to do with an A Level (preferrably) or a GCSE retake

After this, i plan on going to university, queen mary (or am i dreaming)

ADVICE, Please, Thanks
Reply 1
Impossible is nothing...ADIDAS...:cookie:
Reply 2
What grades did you get with the above?

what degree do you want to do?

something computer based

Your BTEC must be in computing or a related subject. We require overall DDD. All programming modules should be passed at Distinction level. We require a minimum of GCSE Mathematics grade C. We would normally want to interview you.

Maybe a foundation degree somewhere?
Reply 3
I got a pass with the nvq, 5 distinctions and 2 credits with the advanced diploma and pass for the rest

I want to do a degree in Computer Science with Software Engineering or Game Development

I really dont want to do a foundation degree, im sure if I get a btec national with DDD on top of what i've got i would validate for a place

:s-smilie:

Latest