The Student Room Group

The Class (2007 film) based on Real story

Has anyone seen this very hard emotional drama about the teenage cruelty? If you did what do you think/ what were your emotions?
The worst is that this really happened in the US

Plot
The Estonian teenager Joosep (cognate with the English name of "Joseph", both derived from the Bible) is being bullied by his entire high school class. The class continually beats Joosep, and harasses him in other ways as well, such as fully undressing him and then pushing him in the girls' changing room. Fellow classmate Kaspar tries to protect him and breaks from the group, which results in the violence being directed to him as well. Also, in a homophobic atmosphere Joosep and Kaspar are ridiculed for supposedly having gay feelings for each other. Nevertheless, when the school administration and Joosep's parents try to find out who is to blame for the treatment Joosep has been receiving, the class unanimously but falsely accuses Kaspar of mistreating him.

After Joosep's parents find out that their son is being beaten while attending school, the father tries to encourage his son to fight back, and demonstrates a fighting technique by giving the boy an additional beating. Joosep's mother informs the school administration. At last the class as a whole is rightly blamed. Out of revenge for this, the class assembles on a beach, calling both Kaspar and Joosep there by writing emails to them showing each other as fake sender. Once there, they force Kaspar to fellate Joosep, at knife point, and photograph the sexual act without showing the knife.

The boys decide to revenge themselves. Joosep steals guns and ammunition from his militaristic father's gun safe, and the two proceed to school, where they massacre students responsible for their torment. To their regret they also accidentally kill a girl from another class. Finally Joosep and Kaspar, facing one another, each aim a gun at their own head, to commit suicide together after counting to three. Joosep pulls the trigger and dies, but the film ends with Kaspar still standing there with his gun aiming at his head.
Reply 1
Sounds good!
That does sound interesting- although dark.

I've never heard of it though! Where did you see this?
Reply 3
online ( thats in russian though)
Its well worth watching! try to order it in HMV
I was going to watch this at Cinema City in Norwich but I never had the time. I'm definetly going to buy the DVD.
Reply 5
Hopefully they make an english version or at th very least a non-corny american version. I love films like this. Very realistic and powerful emotional drama with teenagers.
Reply 6
It's really excellent. I highly recommend it. It falls short of a masterpiece but it's one of the best things I've seen i the last year.
Reply 7
Cool you know of any similar movies ???
Reply 8
King CalZ
Cool you know of any similar movies ???

Everyone dies but I- Russian
Reply 9
the class, isnt it french
like a documentary in a french urban school?
Reply 10
No its Estonian. Read above
Reply 11
are there any english films like this though?

Latest