The Student Room Group
NeedPapers
Basically, i got 85% in my lang paper and 87% in my lit paper in my mocks. I am pleased but I thought those percentages would be A*'s but there A's! Anyone know a round figure for grade boundaries?

I got A* in my coursework overall and an A in speaking and listening(i think), so what would i get if i added these in? Can anyone help?

Thanks in Advance

They're the exact same boundaries for A* in the June 2008's AQA exams.

Page 4:
http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BOUND-JUN08.PDF
Anyone know a round figure for grade boundaries?

Apparently its usually around 91% for the English Language paper, and 92% for the English Literature paper.

Hope that helped. =)
Reply 3
I think it's around 90%...
Reply 4
But don't worry too much if you got a good coursework folder :wink:
it's evidently not 90%
if it's english a h that you sat, the mark scheme here:

http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BOUND-JUN08.PDF

says 460/540 = A* which is 85%
Bear in mind too that the grade boundaries will change from year to year as they are set post-marking. Coursework also accounts for 40% of the final mark.
Reply 7
NeedPapers
Basically, i got 85% in my lang paper and 87% in my lit paper in my mocks. I am pleased but I thought those percentages would be A*'s but there A's! Anyone know a round figure for grade boundaries?

I got A* in my coursework overall and an A in speaking and listening(i think), so what would i get if i added these in? Can anyone help?

Thanks in Advance

i keep working it out

the lowets it has been in years for lang was 450-455/540
and if it is that you would need about 43/44 on each paper

the highest it has been is about 470-475/540
in which case you would need about 46/47 for an A*

it normally will be about 465 to be safe so id say you would need about 91 overall but it depends on if those were high As and you had an A* (36%/40% already)

For lit: it is probably going to be about 175/200
If your coursework is a low A* (27%/30%) you would need 57.04 (58)
I you had a high A* (29%-30%/30%) you would need 55-56

I am almost certain this will be the case this year:yes:
Reply 8
acm345
i keep working it out

the lowets it has been in years for lang was 450-455/540
and if it is that you would need about 43/44 on each paper

the highest it has been is about 470-475/540
in which case you would need about 46/47 for an A*

it normally will be about 465 to be safe so id say you would need about 91 overall but it depends on if those were high As and you had an A* (36%/40% already)

For lit: it is probably going to be about 175/200
If your coursework is a low A* (27%/30%) you would need 57.04 (58)
I you had a high A* (29%-30%/30%) you would need 55-56

I am almost certain this will be the case this year:yes:

Oh dearie me, Im rather fantastically screwed then.....shame that.
*!
Reply 10
Terrorfication
Hi, I am in year 10 and so far (not finished all courseworks yet) I have achieved 80% in both English and English Lit Courseworks. Is it possible for me to achieve an A* if i get 90%+ in my last coursework and 95%+ in both papers?

peace

yes, you would need roughly 90% in lit for the A* and about 86/87% in lang although it would also depend on how well you did in your speaking and listening
*!
Reply 12
my coursework was an A but and i did well in section A of the paper but spent to long on it so i worte hardly anything for the second section (poems) which had the most marks!! : (, is it still posiible to reach at least a C? :s-smilie:
Reply 13
my coursework was an A for english lit and i did well in the first section but did hardly any thing for the poem section as i spent to long on the first section, is it still possible me to get at least a C?
Reply 14
2009j
my coursework was an A for english lit and i did well in the first section but did hardly any thing for the poem section as i spent to long on the first section, is it still possible me to get at least a C?

which exam board are you on? Because that definitely isn't aqa, so what is the coursework worth?
Reply 15
lol im confused, it was AQA coursework is worth 30% what re you talking about?
Reply 16
acm345
which exam board are you on? Because that definitely isn't aqa, so what is the coursework worth?

huh im confused, coursework is worth 30% can you explain please :smile:
Reply 17
2009j
huh im confused, coursework is worth 30% can you explain please :smile:

coursework is 40% for lang and 30 for lit. Oh right you were talking about lit. Sorry i was tired reading this:rolleyes:

Anyway in answer to your question, you would probably get a C by far and probably a B. Don't worry because you would probably get over 60% unless you get 0 on the second part and so you would get a C / B with your coursework.

Latest