The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

golddaytonas
lol can i ask how you revised for cpt2, was it just past papers? is there any decent website?

nope, just past papers.
i did AQA AS ICT which was pretty similar
Reply 21
im revising for this i really hate it some the exams questions are really ridiculous, and i need an A
Reply 22
just thought i'd share this with you - i already have a C without even sitting CPT5 and can get an overall B grade with only 40% in CPT5.

...but its impossible for me to get an A because i will miss by 7 marks even with 100% in CPT5 :'(
I already have a B after doing all of the modules :smile: I have to get 60 extra UMS between CPT4 and 5 resits to get an A which is quite possible - hopefully!

I'm just doing a CPT5 paper (Jan 08 I think) ... Jeepers! The first question is worth 29 marks XD That's just under half the paper! Although, after doing the coursework it was a pretty easy question (I'll be checking the answers in school tomorrow)

I've now exhausted all of the available CPT4 papers on the AQA website :frown: Now to go through all of the CPT5 ones >=D

Anyone know of a website wil older papers and mark schemes?
Reply 24
lucky you! im annoyed because my teacher messed up the resits so im stuck with Cs for CPT1&2... >:frown:

there are older papers lurking around on the internet somewhere but the content of them isnt relevant much to this year's spec, nor do they represent the types of questions we'll get, so as a max go back 3 years
Just did the June 07 paper ... got 60% which is approx a B/C :frown: Not very good! I got a C before, so I need to bump it up by a bit! I WILL get an A on either CPT4 or 5 this time D:
Reply 26
It's really annoying, haven't gotten above a C in a computing exam (With the exception of CPT3 got an A) and I got an A in the CPT6 coursework.

I need a B overall, I can't remember what UMS I need to get in CPT4/5 to get a B but yeah the exams are annoying :s-smilie:
A B I think is 60% of the UMS ... although it might be 70% ... yeah, probably 70.
Reply 28
Yeah I need 53 UMS in each for a B and 83 in each for an A (assuming AQA don't screw around with my coursework mark!)

Hopefully I can do it !
53 seems way too far away from the A requirement :|
Reply 30
i need a decent A in cpt5... it can be done ill start revising on wednesday...
Good luck :smile:

I've returned to learning CPT4 as I hope to get a better grade on that! Since I've sort of got the hang of assembly code now, just got to put it in to practice :smile:

CPT5 I will start making revision notes from the exam papers - I've already answered them all and averaged about 60% on all.
If coursework stays the same, I need 53 in CPT5 to get an A.

Hopefully, the examiners will be lazy like all the last papers and make them pretty much the same as past papers.
Reply 33
Need 140 in both CPT4 and CPT5 to get a B in Computing :woo: I think if a Memorize every single past paper from 06 till now i should be fine :yep: all they do is recycle the questions and change the scenarios
ImranAdan
Need 140 in both CPT4 and CPT5 to get a B in Computing :woo: I think if a Memorize every single past paper from 06 till now i should be fine :yep: all they do is recycle the questions and change the scenarios

yup, sometimes in cpt4 they dont even change a thing:biggrin:

i need 97 ums marks in cpt4 and cpt5 to maintain my A :biggrin:
Apparantly, in January, they repeated questions from CPT2 to CPT5 XD I had friends who sat both papers and they said so!

And this is the penultimate version of the paper that AQA will be doing - They could just throw random stuff out there like they did for the January PYA4 Psychology exams! Be prepared for anything!

But yeah, the synoptic questions from 5 are generally the same with a different scenario - there's generally a networking scenario and a programming/database scenario :smile: Investigation Methods, Database/Relationships, writing out the tables (sometimes in DDL, sometimes just in those bracket things), and a SQL statement (which you're screwed on if you get the tables wrong XD)
Reply 36
any tips for normalising
First Normal Form: No repeating Groups.
Second Normal Form: No non-key dependencies (I think) And in First Normal Form
Third Normal Form/Fully Normalised: Depends on the Key, the Whole Key, and Nothing But the Key.

Not sure how to make it normalised though XD
Reply 38
This is not the last exams for CPT4 and CPT5, they will be offered as a re-sit in Jan 2010 (and then that is it). However CPT1,2,3,6 all finish in June.

Still, you don't know AQA who know's what they will throw at us (That biometric question in Jan 09 was strange!). I need to look at the odd parts of the 09 spec.
LozH
This is not the last exams for CPT4 and CPT5, they will be offered as a re-sit in Jan 2010 (and then that is it). However CPT1,2,3,6 all finish in June.

Still, you don't know AQA who know's what they will throw at us (That biometric question in Jan 09 was strange!). I need to look at the odd parts of the 09 spec.

Some of the wording in the CPT2 paper was really bizarre - the questions were quite different in style from past papers and that made it tricky even thought the content was quite straight forward. Why do they seem to go out of their way to make the questions seem obscure?

Latest

Trending

Trending