The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I went to Slovenia loast year - Lake Bled which is very much like Austria (probably as its next to Austria)..... and Piran on the coast - which looks like an italian town (probably as its next to Italy lol) - the country is probably the nicest I've been to. Its very green... its much of a western european country than eastern and the prices there reflect this. It's not that cheap really! And lots of people had huge posh cars. But the weather was a bit unpredictable... and I think they get quite a lot of rain although it is hot in the summer. Ljubljana was a nice city.

We went to Croatia for the day which is to the south and I didn't particularly like it.... it seemed like a poor country which it is compared to Slovenia and Austria... and I wouldn't visit Croatia again! Plus theres areas which say there may still be landmines - which I didn't like the sound of ! :s-smilie:
Reply 41
I'm going inter-railing with a group of mates. We set off on the 12th July- fly to Amsterdam, and, if we make it any further, we plan to go to Berlin (German techno-warehouse raves hell yeah), Prague, Milan, Rimini or Lake Garda, Barcelona and Granada. Bit worried we'll run outta money and end up washing dishes in some obscure Spanish cafe to fund the journey home- but, should be immense!
Brian2kie
cool!! theres 5 of us! jetting off on the 1st of august till the 24th!

where bouts yas goin??

Flying to Prague on the 1st of Aug, then goin to krakow, slovakia, croatia and then budapest to fly home on the 17th Aug.... so we're home for results day!
Reply 43
Princess Leia
Flying to Prague on the 1st of Aug, then goin to krakow, slovakia, croatia and then budapest to fly home on the 17th Aug.... so we're home for results day!

thats early exactly wat were doin! were arriving in prague at 7:45 on the 1st and moving up to warsaw then to krakow, bratislava, budapest, zagreb and then on to italy and greece and headin home on the 24th!

if i see anyone dressed like princess leia in prague airport ill come and say hello!! and if u see a group of drunken irish students ya must do the same! lol

god i cant wait! bring on august!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :rolleyes:
Reply 44
Hi.

Thinking of going down to rock this summer, are many other people going? I heard the locals were trying to crack down on the partying or something - anyone know of anything actually happening?

Latest