The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 1
aint gonna be much quicker any other way on public transport, i think train is best way, might wanna look at accomodation in barnsley :/
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
train between Barnsley and Huddersfield is crap cos it stops EVERYWHERE but then the bus'll take even longer. Are you at Barnsley college doing one of Huddersfield's courses or something?
Huddersfield University , Barnsley Campus.
the train isnt to bad I could hack it its just the fact its like £1000+ for a annual rail pass or somethign stupid
Reply 4
i second looking for somewhere to live in barnsley. this'll come in handy if your train is delayed/cancelled and you can't get in for lectures. plus there's the 20 minute bus journey from storthes to huddersfield and the walk to the station. and buses don't start running till 8am so you're relying on taxis if you need to go earlier. it's more hassle than it's worth and you'd save a hell of a lot more by finding somewhere near the barnsley campus.
Yeah I am actually looking into studying at huddersfield full stop it will make things alot easier. I am waiting to here wether or not I can just switch my courses as barnsley is part of huddersfield university.
Reply 6
I don't think there are many courses which are at UCB only - it's mainly there to cater for people in South Yorkshire who aren't prepared to travel to Huddersfield.

If you do end up doing the Storthes to Barnsley commute, cheapest way is probably a Barnsley to Denby Dale season ticket, £60 a month, and a student MetroCard for £62.50 for the West Yorkshire part of the journey. It's only slightly less than a direct Barnsley to Hudds season but you also get bus and train travel in all of West Yorks.
Reply 7
The only woods you're liable to encounter are the grounds of Storthes Hall, and the bus takes you through most of it.

The bus from Storthes is to the main Huddersfield campus.

It's a short walk through the town centre - mainly pedestrianised shopping areas - to the railway station. Maybe 10 minutes or so, or there is a free bus service

The walk from Barnsley station to UCB is through the town centre and shouldn't take about 6 minutes

What course are you doing? Is there any reason why you can't do it on the Huddersfield campus rather than at Barnsley?

As I mentioned above, the Barnsley campus (and the one at Oldham) are really there for people who don't want to commute to Huddersfield - because the reverse of the route you're going to be doing is just as awkward. If you're moving to the area they would generally expect you to be studying at Huddersfield itself, which is probably why there is a lack of accommodation at Barnsley.
Reply 8
Storthes is quite a big place (it used to be described as a "Student Village"), and it's a few years since I was last up there, but the bus stop is within the grounds.

Latest

Trending

Trending