The Student Room Group

Just applied at Asda :)

Right then people!

Just applied for a job at my local Asda apparently I was the second person to hand in a form (Jobs announced yesterday) so feeling fairly optimistic. Just a part time job after college / weekend really.

Here is the situation though, I was told by the 'Customer services woman', who didn't speak great English that I should leave the 'Position applied for' blank... is this recommended? As it shows that I want anything, I am now thinking though should I go back and change it to 'Nothing preferred/versatile' ?

Please get back to me! - Quote me if you can :smile:
Reply 1
GGecko
Right then people!

Just applied for a job at my local Asda apparently I was the second person to hand in a form (Jobs announced yesterday) so feeling fairly optimistic. Just a part time job after college / weekend really.

Here is the situation though, I was told by the 'Customer services woman', who didn't speak great English that I should leave the 'Position applied for' blank... is this recommended? As it shows that I want anything, I am now thinking though should I go back and change it to 'Nothing preferred/versatile' ?

Please get back to me! - Quote me if you can :smile:

I woudn't worry she surely knows the protacol to follow and probably told the others to do the same!

I haven't applied for Asda people seem to say you need to know someone working there to get a job (which is probably rubbish but it's my excuse and i'm just lazy..)

good luck with the application :smile:
Reply 2
Sorry - Double post
Reply 3
laura_beth
I woudn't worry she surely knows the protacol to follow and probably told the others to do the same!

I haven't applied for Asda people seem to say you need to know someone working there to get a job (which is probably rubbish but it's my excuse and i'm just lazy..)

good luck with the application :smile:

Damn, I do know someone who works there, however I didn't write on the application.... bad move?
Reply 4
GGecko
Damn, I do know someone who works there, however I didn't write on the application.... bad move?

I think it's just speculation. As long as your application is good and they like you i'm sure it won't make a difference, maybe it just helps a little bit, surely everyone there can't know each other :p:
Reply 5
I applied twice (with 6 months inbetween) and got rejected both times.
I heard that if they think you're going to go to university they don't want you because you'll only be there for a year or so.
Reply 6
Damn lol, nah I just put I was studying at college, and this ends in 2010....but no reference to University.
Laura373
I applied twice (with 6 months inbetween) and got rejected both times.
I heard that if they think you're going to go to university they don't want you because you'll only be there for a year or so.

This depends what type of management you get. The ASDA I work at most are a mixture of uni students, A Level students, single mothers and older women. They don't mind students because they can work late hours and weekends.
she probably wants her polish friend to get the job; that's why she said that :wink:
Reply 9
How long do they take to get back to you ?:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending