The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
no it's not "very" oversubscribed...but it's quite competitive given that it takes a lot of state school students who are all usually v strong applicants. The interview seems to be v important, and can make up for middle or low score A's says my friend who's there. These days it definitely doesnt seem to be among the most academic of colleges.
Reply 2
Willa
no it's not "very" oversubscribed...but it's quite competitive given that it takes a lot of state school students who are all usually v strong applicants. The interview seems to be v important, and can make up for middle or low score A's says my friend who's there. These days it definitely doesnt seem to be among the most academic of colleges.

From my limited experience, I think I can agree with that.
Willa
it takes a lot of state school students who are all usually v strong applicants.

The times, they are a-changin'
Reply 4
WhatFreshHell?
The times, they are a-changin'

I did a shadowing scheme thing there this february and it was really nice, they have a very nice student bar and everyone seemed freindly,,, they did say it was very cometitive though
Reply 5
**noooni**
... they have a very nice student bar

Not sure nice is the word for it. It's not bad, but it doesn't really have much character.
Reply 6
d750
Not sure nice is the word for it. It's not bad, but it doesn't really have much character.

its the only college bar i have seen :frown: ... but i did briefly see the robinsons bar when we had dinner there, it was no where near as nice as the king's ....and all the students there said it was one of the best ( i supose they would say that as they are bias towards their college :eek: )
what college do u go to?
Reply 7
lots of the students at kinjgs dont like their bar since they painted it though - it was so much better when it was red!
Reply 8
Willa
lots of the students at kinjgs dont like their bar since they painted it though - it was so much better when it was red!

What colour is it now then?

And importance of interviews - I can second that too :redface: And as for competitiveness - oh c'mon, it's Cambridge, whichever college it is it's still gonna be competitive.
Reply 9
it's a beige bar now, which is crap

and it's wrong to say all cambridge colleges are equally competitive, some are less competitive than others. It doesnt mean those ones are easier to get into (if they dont think you're a good applicant, they wont accept you to just make up numbers, they'll go to the pool). The competitive colleges are those which have to turn away significant numbers of extremely good applicants cos they just had far too many other good ones
Reply 10
Willa
it's a beige bar now, which is crap

and it's wrong to say all cambridge colleges are equally competitive, some are less competitive than others. It doesnt mean those ones are easier to get into (if they dont think you're a good applicant, they wont accept you to just make up numbers, they'll go to the pool). The competitive colleges are those which have to turn away significant numbers of extremely good applicants cos they just had far too many other good ones

I'm not keen on red - beige sounds ok.

Well, surely then the good candidates that have to be turned away would go into the pool?
Reply 11
irisng
I'm not keen on red - beige sounds ok.

Well, surely then the good candidates that have to be turned away would go into the pool?

it was more about what the colour stood for than whether people liked it or not!
Reply 12
don't bother...
Reply 13
visesh
don't bother...

...?
Reply 14
Willa
it was more about what the colour stood for than whether people liked it or not!

What did red stand for then?

Oh wait... is this some political thing?
Reply 15
no. they just wanted it to look like blood.

:rolleyes:
Reply 16
"Please just DIE! People are literally thicker than Trees" in the word of the almighty Patrick.
Reply 17
Why the sarcasm? Is it really necessary?

Either way, I don't like red - a beige bar sounds nice to me.

And Camford, who're you talking to? If it's directed at me, well you're not the first to tell me to die - don't worry when I die I'll remember to come back and haunt you. :p:
Reply 18
irisng
Why the sarcasm? Is it really necessary?

Either way, I don't like red - a beige bar sounds nice to me.

And Camford, who're you talking to? If it's directed at me, well you're not the first to tell me to die - don't worry when I die I'll remember to come back and haunt you. :p:

:eek: How long does it take for someone to know you before they want you dead :eek:
Reply 19
~Raphael~
:eek: How long does it take for someone to know you before they want you dead :eek:

Yeh the people who wants me to die don't know me :smile: They know me by name and are in my classes but they never took the time out to even have a chat with me. I don't care what they say though, I just laugh in their faces :biggrin: It'd hurt if it was coming from a friend - but with those people, I really couldn't care less.

And with people who took the time to know me, they all like me :biggrin: and someone told me I'm their ray of hope today lol! - cus she's not very confident and apparently I give her confidence :smile: It's good to know.

Latest

Trending

Trending