The Student Room Group
Well I lol'd
Have you tried looking on the specific uni websites? The student union/society section will no doubt inform you of all the required information.
Reply 3
Jonogodden
Does your university have a regular Poker tournament/cash game?

Im not at uni yet (1 more year of college) but i'd like to know because a good game might be the deciding factor for my 5 choices :biggrin:

Please state name of uni, type of game, buy in amount etc etc etc

Also i've heard Warwick has a massive poker community involving lecturers too is this true??

The idea of someone basing their university choice on this was at first amusing, but now it is breaking my heart. Wake up and smell the coffee grandad, uni is expensive enough without you getting hustled by the nice folk at PokerSoc.
Reply 4
You're going to choose a uni based on whether or not people play poker there? I suggest you use other, more important deciding factors and then worry about the poker. Even if you get to uni and there isn't a poker society you could always create one, or play online.
Reply 5
Sorry i thought the smiley face would show that was a joke but i guess nobody thought so.

Nobody needs to worry about my reasons for choosing a university. I know my 5 already

I have been playing poker for 3 years and would just like to know if it is common at university.
Reply 6
Jonogodden
Sorry i thought the smiley face would show that was a joke but i guess nobody thought so.

Nobody needs to worry about my reasons for choosing a university. I know my 5 already

I have been playing poker for 3 years and would just like to know if it is common at university.

In that case, why were you asking about buy-ins, how often tournaments are, etc etc? o__O
Reply 7
UCL has one, but the stupid union decided that playing for money was not allowed, what a joke. People suggested meeting at halls instead to allow money play, but they were doing £5 buy in - what a joke. £5? wow if im really lucky i might win £15!! LOLZ!!
£10-20 buy-in FTW

Latest

Trending

Trending