The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Apparently so.
Omg I cant believe youre stressing over TWO days :eek: :rolleyes:
Sometimes mine comes 1 or 2 weeks late and once it came 1 month late....and then its just heavier..don't worry.
If she hasnt had it for 1 month THEN get scared :rolleyes: :smile:
Reply 22
I wouldn't even be able to tell you when I'd be on within a week. Girls periods normally aren't that accurate espec if shes just come off the pill.
Reply 23
Mine are never that accurate - 5 days either way really. Bit annoying, but you deal with it. And stop worrying!
don't panic too much. it's very normal for girls to have irregular periods. our periods are controlled by hormones...and our hormonal cycles can be affected very easily by pretty much anything - stress, diet, unknown reasons. if a girl actually has spot-on regular periods every month all through her life, i'd be surprised!!

i've had times when i had it once every 2 weeks, as well as not having it for 2 months. give her some time. if she still doesn't have it after 2 weeks, then mb consider those pregnancy tests from drug stores. not 100% accurate, but would probably reassure you both a bit esp. when you're so stressed out over 2 days!! if after a month she still doesn't have it, you should start watching out for any symptoms, ie. morning sickness, mood swings (all down to the hormones!!) etc. if you really want to be sure, you can consider a pregnancy test at the doctor's. but meanwhile, calm down and stop stressing her out. the more she becomes stressed, the later her period would probably be!! :smile:
LondonBoy
Upto how many days is normal?

Girl's periods don't settle into a regular cycle until they are around 25.
Reply 26
TakemetoAvalon
Girl's periods don't settle into a regular cycle until they are around 25.

25 isn't a magic age with some people they are settled straight away some never settle.

London boy just stop worrying and enjoy life because you only get one shot at it..
Reply 27
LondonBoy
Upto how many days is normal?

Hmm. Not too sure exactly, but I think that the younger the girl is, the more leeway there probably is, since periods become more and more regular with age. If she's in the 15-18 range, probably a week; if it goes beyond that, she should get herself checked.

:smile:
Reply 28
6 months late is my record so far!
Reply 29
Yes, it's perfectly normal to be late. And a pregnancy test wouldn't show anything at this stage anyway, so stop having a go at her. You've probably got nothing to worry about, but if you're going to get this stressed maybe you're not ready for an intimate relationship (involving anything that might result in babies, not just full sex).
Reply 30
Trousers
Yes, it's perfectly normal to be late. And a pregnancy test wouldn't show anything at this stage anyway, so stop having a go at her. You've probably got nothing to worry about, but if you're going to get this stressed maybe you're not ready for an intimate relationship (involving anything that might result in babies, not just full sex).

He posted on a thread earlier that got removed that she's got her period and it's all fine. And a pregnancy test would be accurate now - they work from when the period is due.

Latest