The Student Room Group

Timetabled revision or...?

Just something I've been wondering...

Do you (personally) work better scheduling/timetabling your revision so you do a certain amount per day, with a certain amount of time spent on each subject/exam? If so, why'd you think this is?

Just wondering because before every set of exams I've had, every teacher I've ever had mentions revision timetables. I made them at GCSE, at AS, and I've never ever stuck to them for more than about four days. So I'm not bothering this time around. I just can't work when I'm not in the mood and find it entirely pointless sat revising for an hour and a half or something if I'm not in the mood to a) do it properly b) take it in.

I do have checklists for most (okay - lie - some) of my exams that breakdown the topics with what I need to revise but I'm just working through them at my own pace when I have spare time and feel in the mood (obviously trying to do an hour or two a day but not strictly).

Anyway. :smile:
I'm with you OP- I can't revise a subject I'm not in the mood for. I aim to fit in a certain amount of hours of whatever subject I feel my time is best spent on at that moment. If I'm not in the mood, it's a waste of time.
Reply 2
i just to what i feel like doing, i normally over run if i timetable something spending like 3 hours instead of 1 timed tabled, so it all gets messed up.
Reply 3
Timetables never ever work for me. I just revise what I feel like revising. I can't revise a subject I don't feel in the mood to do. I just write a long list of things I need to do (I'll break modules up into sections) and just cross something off when I'm done. Being able to see how much I've done is nice and being able to see how much I have left to do lets me know how much I need to do per day. Screw systematic revision, I'll revise what I want when I want. :P
Reply 4
I don't use one anymore. I don't really stick to them unless I'm taking notes (which I'm not doing for any of my subjects this Summer) so I just do what I feel like really.

Sometimes I'll write lists to things I think of that I need to look at or of things to achieve before the end of the day/week.

But yeaaaahhhh..peace :smile:

Latest