The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Resistant Materials 2009

Is anyone doing AQA resistant materials, because I can't seem to find a thread on here about it for this year.

anyway what do you guys (whoever's taking it) think about the photographs at the back and what do you think we have to design?

Also could someone explain how to choose an industrial method - such as injection moulding etc - on the industrial making of a product after the main drawing question (question 2 worth 34 marks usually i think) ???

ty in advance :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
I'm doing it i think :p:
Reply 3
hia, i'm doing it too. to revise i use this site www.technologystudent.com it has a whole topic on recycling bins, and their mechanisms.

and the industrial method question comes up every year, you are expected to write about interjection moulding, and i think it is a 10 mark question so learn it well with diagrams.
im doing it and you should choose based on what is best for your design
im doing it too (: and the exam is tomorrow- based on environmental bins its defo going to be difficult but here's another website for some revision http://www.the-warren.org/
and http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gcse/des_tec_rmt_assess.php this has past papers, will help loads
anyways
good luck eveyone x mwah x
Reply 6
It's press moulding not injection moulding.
The paper was not too bad actually,

LOL.. Looks like AQA made a mistake with the Foundation Tier.. Something about a Baby Toy!

Haha, Did anyone else find the 'AQA Cola' funny?
Reply 8
MatthewH2009
The paper was not too bad actually,

LOL.. Looks like AQA made a mistake with the Foundation Tier.. Something about a Baby Toy!

Haha, Did anyone else find the 'AQA Cola' funny?

What planet are you on? The exam was HARD!! and yeh the 'AQA Cola was funny. What material did you put for the beans and cola can?
Reply 9
Faith01
What planet are you on? The exam was HARD!! and yeh the 'AQA Cola was funny. What material did you put for the beans and cola can?

The exam wasn't that hard for me either, it was alright ^^

I put Aluminium for the cola can and Mild Steel for the beans, lol
Faith01

I also put Aluminum for the Coke can, I cant remember what i put for beans.. but i guessed haha
I know I lost alot of marks on the mechinism question, I didnt fully understand I need to design a Can Crusher :frown:
I put tin for the beans =/.

Seemed to make sense at the time.
Reply 13
heya, i got 93/95 in the c.w
but i found the exam super hard! any idea of what percentage i needed in the exam to get an overall A* ?
Reply 14
aj.x
heya, i got 93/95 in the c.w
but i found the exam super hard! any idea of what percentage i needed in the exam to get an overall A* ?

Technically, you have secured about 60% so with just answering one or two questions you have cemented your C.
Reply 15
Faith01
Technically, you have secured about 60% so with just answering one or two questions you have cemented your C.

so do you think 60% in the exam is enough for an A* ? x
Reply 16
Acta Non Verba
I put tin for the beans =/.

Seemed to make sense at the time.

i put tin as well! :s is that wrong?

o well...i found the exam really really hard and i messed up the mechnaism question because i did not understand teh can crusher thing either....it was awful
Reply 17
aj.x
so do you think 60% in the exam is enough for an A* ? x

That would be an A grade. You're so flipping lucky!! I have only scraped an A for my coursework and would kill to stand an overall A.:yep:
Reply 18
romie12
i put tin as well! :s is that wrong?

o well...i found the exam really really hard and i messed up the mechnaism question because i did not understand teh can crusher thing either....it was awful

I put tin and aluminium.
Reply 19
Faith01
That would be an A grade. You're so flipping lucky!! I have only scraped an A for my coursework and would kill to stand an overall A.:yep:

aww but you'll probab;y do well in everything else... RM was the only thing i was hoping to get an A* in!

and if you do really well in the exam i'm sure you'll still manage to get an A/A*!

hopefully the marker will be nice... and feel sorry for me :smile: x x

thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending