The Student Room Group

TSR English forum "who are you?" thread

Scroll to see replies

Username : Eeyore
Lit / Lang / Land L: Literature
Level your taking: A2
Board: AQA
Set books / work / topics: William Blake: Songs of Innocence and Experience :smile:
John Webster: The Duchess of Malfi :biggrin:
War literature
Coursework: Kazuo Ishiguro - Remains of the Day compared with Evelyn Waugh - Brideshead Revisited. :biggrin:
Username : Sparklyteacosie
Board: AQA (specification B)
Set books / work / topics: Shakespeare:Measure for Measure, Coleridge:The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Coursework: Comparing Beloved (Toni Morrison) and The Color Purple (Alice Walker)

(and for AS I studies Wuthering Heights, John Donne and A Streetcar Named Desire plus Othello for coursework)
sparklyteacosie
Username : Sparklyteacosie
Board: AQA (specification B)
Set books / work / topics: Shakespeare:Measure for Measure, Coleridge:The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Coursework: Comparing Beloved (Toni Morrison) and The Color Purple (Alice Walker)

(and for AS I studies Wuthering Heights, John Donne and A Streetcar Named Desire plus Othello for coursework)

I read the Rime of the Ancient Mariner for background reading when I did my GCSE English Lit coursework on ballads... I was so sad when he killed the albatross :frown:
Eeyore
I read the Rime of the Ancient Mariner for background reading when I did my GCSE English Lit coursework on ballads... I was so sad when he killed the albatross :frown:

It is sad. It is a fantastic poem..I really enjoy reading it despite the fact I have to take an exam on it!!
sparklyteacosie
It is sad. It is a fantastic poem..I really enjoy reading it despite the fact I have to take an exam on it!!

When I'm out in the rain or by the sea feeling thirsty, I always say, "Water water everywhere, nor any drop to drink!" :smile:
Eeyore
When I'm out in the rain or by the sea feeling thirsty, I always say, "Water water everywhere, nor any drop to drink!" :smile:

I often find myself saying, "Alone alone, all, all alone, Alone on a wide wide sea". Not sure why it just sticks in my head so I shall be quoting that often in my exam along with "killeth the pious bird of good omen"
Username: anonymous_xx
Lit/Lang/Land L: Lang n Lit Combined
Set Books/Work/Topics: Wuthering Heights, Simon Armitage's Dead Sea Poems
To be honest, I'm never in here, heh. But I'll leave this up in case anyone wants to talk about the work and the course, and can PM me.

Username : dogtanian
Lit / Lang / Land L: Language
Level your taking: A2 (also taking the subject at university, along with Linguistics)
Board: AQA (Spec B)
Set books / work / topics: Not really applicable, but if people want to discuss work, bear in mind that I'm not all that hot on language acquisition, heh...
Username: Saruman
Lit / Lang / Land L: English literature
Level your taking:AS
Set books / work / topics: The millers tale, the glass menagerie
Reply 49
English Literature
AS
AQA
Blake, Songs of Innocence & Experience (Poetry) // Churchill, Top Girls (Drama) // Walker, The Colour Purple (Prose)
Reply 50
Username: See above...
Course: Literature
Level: A2 & AEA (*gulp* - not understanding!)
Board: WJEC
Texts: This year...Comparative coursework (Rushdie's "Midnight's Children" with Forster's "Passage to India"), Chaucer's "Miller's Tale", and Marlowe's "Doctor Faustus". With wider reading unit, so other Marlowe stuff, and Donne and Milton, etc.
AS: "Streetcar Named Desire", "Tess of the D'Urbervilles", Seamus Heaney's poems (all 54 of them... and "Othello".
Reply 51
Username :frown:just easier then looking up)
Level your taking:A-level
Set books / work / topics: blake: songs on innocence + experience, Othello and WW1.

anyone who wants to talk PM me: my exams soooon
Reply 52
Username :lovingbuzz
Lit / Lang / Land L: Lang and Literature
Level your taking:GCSE
Board: OCR
Set books / work / topics: 1984, Death of a salesman, opening lines, opening worlds, macbeth (coursework)
Username: PinkPigeon
Lit / Lang / Land L: Lit and Lang (seperate A Levels)
Level your taking: A/S
Board:AQA for Lit and OCR for Lang.
Set books / work / topics: Set texts: A Midsummer Night's Dream (cwk) 'Tis Pity She's A *****, The Worlds Wife (Duffy) and The Handmaid's Tale.
Reply 54
madjackie
AS Lit/AS-A2 Lang
AQA
Streetcar named desire, Blake, Othello, A Clockwork Orange
Reply 55
Lauzt
Literature
Advanced Higher
The Glass Menagerie, Streetcar named desire, Emma, Persuasion, lots of Plath poems
Dissertation - portrayal of madness in the bell jar, one flew over the cuckoos nest and the trick is to keep breathing.
Lit / Lang / L and L: English Lit, and English Lang (separately)
Level you're taking: A2
Set books / work / topics:
Lit: Othello, William Blake (Innocence & Experience), various War stuff. Coursework was on A Streetcar Named Desire and The Great Gatsby.
Last year I studied Wise Children (Angela Carter), The World's Wife (Carol Ann Duffy) and The Country Wife (William Wycherley), coursework was on Henry V :smile:
Lang: This year, Child Language Aquisition, Language Change, Editorial Writing, with our own investigations for coursework.
Last year, I did the groupings/analysing of texts stuff, and social linguistics (Accent & Dialect, Gender, Power), with creative writing for coursework :smile:
Reply 57
Why are ppl stating their english boards and info?
Reply 58
Xanthe
English Literature
A2 level
AQA Specification A
Set books: Unit 4: John Keats (Poetry), Othello (Drama), Unit 5 (cswk): Sacred Hunger by Barry Unsworth, Our Country's Good by Timberlake Wertenbaker
Reply 59
Sqa
English Language
AS Level
AQA Specification B
Doing Language and Power, and Language and Technology.
Coursework was creative writing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending