The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Computer Science Acceptance

I have applied for Computer Science and have made my firm choice UCL. Their offer was of ABB with the A being in Maths. I did think i could achieve this having only been a few UMS off the A and also having a few resits to take. However after one of my exams (core 4) which i think i have messed up im not so confident on getting the A now.
What i am wondering is if i ended up getting BBB or even ABB but having a B in maths, what is the likelihood of them still accepting me. I think there is a strong chance of this happening now but i realllllly want to get into UCL.

anyone :smile: ?????
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
A Ugandan Peanut
I have applied for Computer Science and have made my firm choice UCL. Their offer was of ABB with the A being in Maths. I did think i could achieve this having only been a few UMS off the A and also having a few resits to take. However after one of my exams (core 4) which i think i have messed up im not so confident on getting the A now.
What i am wondering is if i ended up getting BBB or even ABB but having a B in maths, what is the likelihood of them still accepting me. I think there is a strong chance of this happening now but i realllllly want to get into UCL.

The only person who can answer this is the admissions tutor. And they will tell you. On the day they get your results.

NO ONE KNOWS IF YOU WILL STILL GET ACCEPTED.

Also a small point, but there was technically no question in your first post.
Reply 3
I'm in the exact same situation but mine is far worse, I haven't had a decent further maths teacher through-out the 2 years so it's just been very sloppy, with my learning bits and bobs from my units, and also cause of that I've needed to focus on them and ignored my other subjects. So the likely-hood is that I'll be getting BCD which is nowhere near close as ABB lol, however I have emailed the admin tutor and he said you'll have to see on the day but the courses are full this year so hate to be the brearer of bad news.

On the plus said he did mention that I could take a year out to improve grades so I'm jiggy with that
arrr dam that ain't good lol....... thats just piled on the pressure for my mechanics 2 exam on thursday then :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending