The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ape Gone Insane
AAAAAAA (Higher) + AA (Adv Higher)

Were they applying to skip the first five years of a Masters or something? :p:

Hardest offer I've heard of is the one I was given myself for second year entry to Informatics at Edinburgh Uni. AAA at Advanced Higher and to include Computing and Maths.

There can be harder offers though I'm pretty sure. You're not going to get anything steeper than AAA at AH, but for a Scottish student applying to Oxbridge or such places you might have STEP conditions to meet as well, which adds quite a bit extra pressure.
Imperial BSc Maths + Computing is
A*(Maths) A*(usually F Maths or Physics) A (something else)
Reply 22
I was going to say the unbelievers but before i knew of that one it was my friends AAAA at AH for physics at cambridge, plus they defered him so he had to take a gap year. he had AAAAAA at higher, with only one of them being an A2

he got it though
Reply 23
AAA at advanced higher for biochemistry at oxford was the hardest i had heard outwidth this forum.
Reply 24
Meteorshower's offer for physics at St Andrews of AAAAA at AH (surely).
Damn straight, I got a whole imaginary pint riding on that.
Reply 26
Meteorshower
Damn straight, I got a whole imaginary pint riding on that.

You did five advanced highers?!:eek:
God I thought three and a crash higher would be bad..
Emzzzz:)x
You did five advanced highers?!:eek:
God I thought three and a crash higher would be bad..

Meh, it really depends on the subjects.
Reply 28
Oogamy
Meteorshower's offer for physics at St Andrews of AAAAA at AH (surely).

Wins. Hands down.

That's ridiculous. Clearly they don't want you there. :p:
Xeraii

Just for the record, St. As aren't that cruel! Meteorshower complained of the lack of pressure associated with an unconditional, so I offered to buy him a beverage if he made those grades. :p:
Xeraii
Wins. Hands down.

Check my sig :wink:
My conditional for French at Glasgow was BBB at Advanced Higher. Bit harsh, considering i got BBBC at Higher, which isn't that bad nor good, but also that my other offers for Philosophy and French were unconditional (Stirling), B at advanced english (Edinburgh) and a advanced C in any subject (Dundee and Aberdeen). Not as hard as AAAAA at AH for Oxford or wherever, but Glasgow isn't exactly Oxford.

I didn't really want to go to Glasgow in the first place, but that made them seem like ***** to me.

Latest

Trending

Trending